Jurassic Forums
Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - Printable Version

+- Jurassic Forums (http://www.jurassicforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Films (http://www.jurassicforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Jurassic World (http://www.jurassicforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=25)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - LEGOJurassic - 06-02-2016

What do you think the movie should've had more of, and what would you have done to make the movie better in your opinion?

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - jurassiraptor - 06-02-2016

Love the movie, but it would have been great to see more of the park attractions. Things like the underwater observatory, Pachy Arena, even the golf course and bamboo forest are mentioned in great detail on the website and in the brochure, but are never seen in the film. Even the LEGO game featured the Pachy Arena as an area, which makes me think it was included in the script they were using a guide but was cut close to filming.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - Jack - 06-02-2016

The East Dock Sign.

And for me, the Velociraptors. They weren't frightening in the slightest in JW, they were just in your face. They weren't really a threat, and I know that was sort of the point with Owen training them, but there wasn't really one point in the film where I thought they felt like true raptors.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - Justin - 06-02-2016

Because JW was based on a running theme park, which I what I think a lot of us have always dreamed of, I think they missed out on showing us more of the park without all of the chaos. Would've loved to have seen more of Main Street and the attractions.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - jobalexang - 06-02-2016

Yeah, I think when they made "The Park Is Open" their main slogan, they should've really spent some time for us to admire the park and these wonderful creatures. By the time the pteranodons were tearing up main street, I didn't find myself caring very much.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - Aegyptiacus3 - 06-02-2016

I wish it was more science focused and more dark. JW was a bit too 'light-hearted' and missed some truly dark/intense moments that the original trilogy had.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - brandonh83 - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 02:02 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Love the movie, but it would have been great to see more of the park attractions. Things like the underwater observatory, Pachy Arena, even the golf course and bamboo forest are mentioned in great detail on the website and in the brochure, but are never seen in the film. Even the LEGO game featured the Pachy Arena as an area, which makes me think it was included in the script they were using a guide but was cut close to filming.

Pretty much this, fantastic movie but they did kind of skimp out on really using the functioning theme park to its fullest potential. STORY FIRST, always, absolutely, but I feel like the first act could have had maybe like 10 more minutes or so of Zach/Gray checking stuff out with some more character development. What was there wasn't really bad or anything, I just think it could have used more of it and there could have been some really good humor and "wonder" in those scenes, like you're seeing Zach starting to become more interested in how cool all this stuff is rather than how disillusioned he's become since he's seen it all before.

But, file this into the category of nitpicking something you love.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - JurassicParkPodcast - 06-03-2016

I wish we got to see the Brachiosaurus Paddock. Also, I wish we got a better representation of the outside of the old Visitors Center. I think that really missed the mark.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - fifthrider - 06-03-2016

Better vehicles. The world of JP has typically had some movie-memorable vehicles in it. The non-descript product-placements on wheels used here were boring and a let down. The artist concept sketches for potential JW vehicles ( such as the Toyota FJ ) looked great. If only we'd had some of those in it.

RE: Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas - KerrRobinson84 - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 02:27 AM)Jack Wrote: The East Dock Sign.

And for me, the Velociraptors. They weren't frightening in the slightest in JW, they were just in your face. They weren't really a threat, and I know that was sort of the point with Owen training them, but there wasn't really one point in the film where I thought they felt like true raptors.

Yeah the Raptors felt more like badly behaved pets...lol. Plus I wanted to see more of the park in operation before it went to went tits up. You got that one wide shot of the park when Grey opened the hotel doors. But I wanted to see more on main street, more of the T-Rex kingdom and much more up close and personal. I expected something much more grand I guess.