The books
The films
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Books vs. The Films
Tough question.
I would say books, though.

I loved JP and TLW and, to tell you the truth, I liked "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" more than Crichton's book.
But, as I always say, Jurassic Park is a perfect book, in my humble opinion. It has a perfect balance of mystery, action, science, character development, awe. Crichton caught the right atmosphere for a story about dinosaurs. The result of this is a powerful sense of nostalgia towards a world that we have never seen with our own eyes. I know that it sounds silly to say, but I cannot explain it otherwise. It was the main feeling that pushed me to try to become a paleontologist years ago. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't make my dream true. But the feeling is still there.
That same feeling is not strong enough in The Lost World, that is, above all, a good sequel but not as bright as the first book. It is too slow in the first part and, although it is interesting, lacks the mystery of the first book. I like it but I do not love it and that is why I prefer the Spielberg adventure movie.
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 

Messages In This Thread
The Books vs. The Films - by Dr. Wu - 05-01-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by smug - 05-01-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by NeonMediaKJT - 05-03-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by Tyrantosaurus - 05-06-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by antoniuscastor - 05-13-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by Dr. Wu - 05-13-2017, 10:57 PM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by Neelis - 05-21-2017, 08:23 AM
RE: The Books vs. The Films - by alan grant - 07-11-2017, 03:30 AM