Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars (General Discussion)
I just thought we could start a Star Wars corner here. Is that cool, Mods?
Hell yeah!

Really looking forward to Rogue One.. I wonder when we're due for another trailer.
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Rogue One should be good, but the recent re-shoot news was unexpected! I wonder what that could be for, exactly?
I think The Force Awakens went through similar re-shoots. Not sure why it's newsworthy... but hopefully this isn't a case of "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of thing?

They could be filming pick-ups and re-shooting a few sequences for refinement, or they could be trying to save this film. It's hard to say.
(05-31-2016, 10:19 PM)jobalexang Wrote: I think The Force Awakens went through similar re-shoots. Not sure why it's newsworthy... but hopefully this isn't a case of "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of thing?

They could be filming pick-ups and re-shooting a few sequences for refinement, or they could be trying to save this film. It's hard to say.

This is very true. It could be nothing damaging to the story!
Yeah! Although the film has gone through quite a few writer changes... I suppose we need to be cautious with our expectations.
It seems confirmed that Rogue One is gonna see some massive re-shoots, though false that it tested with the GA. Re-shoots are common, and not always a bad thing.. but these sound like a little more than the norm.

I guess the questions is was the movie not up to snuff, and they're making it better? Or was the movie fine, but 'risky' and the suits are stepping in to make a more GA friendly film. Either way, I don't imagine the film is awful. I won't lie though, I didn't particularly like the trailer. It felt a pinch 'generic'.
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
The trailer struck me initially as "very good fan film" in vibe, but the more I watch it, the more it grows on me.

I read somewhere (I think THR) that they're re-shooting to insert a bit more fun into what is already a solid first cut. This feels a lot like what they're doing with Suicide Squad.
(06-01-2016, 12:25 AM)ChrisLikesDinos Wrote: It seems confirmed that Rogue One is gonna see some massive re-shoots, though false that it tested with the GA. Re-shoots are common, and not always a bad thing.. but these sound like a little more than the norm.

I guess the questions is was the movie not up to snuff, and they're making it better? Or was the movie fine, but 'risky' and the suits are stepping in to make a more GA friendly film. Either way, I don't imagine the film is awful. I won't lie though, I didn't particularly like the trailer. It felt a pinch 'generic'.

Yea the announcement this morning struck me as odd. From everything I've seen and heard, this film looks incredible. Many have been expecting it to be better than TFA. I think that false reporting this morning threw us all for a loop. Most films go through reshoots, so I'm not worried at all. I'm sure it will just make it even better than I previously thought.
I love that Pablo Hidalgo wrote "December Movie Not Yet Finished" in a tweet. This is essentially what it is. Glad it's nothing more to be worried about.