Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars (General Discussion)
Along with Jurassic Park, Star Wars is my one of my top favorite franchises. And like with JP, I've always been particularly fond of the merchandising aspect of it. I could go on and on about this, but I'll spare y'all.

I loved The Force Awakens and am eagerly anticipating Rogue One. I greatly enjoyed the trailer, and the ensemble of incredibly talented actors has me very excited! These are good times to be a Star Wars fan, and to a lesser degree, a collector of related merchandise.
Agreed. Does anyone read the books and comics related to Star Wars? Finished Bloodline last week and am working through the Vol. 2 Kanan trade paperback!
(06-01-2016, 03:03 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Agreed. Does anyone read the books and comics related to Star Wars? Finished Bloodline last week and am working through the Vol. 2 Kanan trade paperback!

I started to read them, got through 'A New Dawn', 'Tarkin', 'Heir to the Jedi', and a few of the comics, but I've severely fallen behind. I intended to keep up with everything, but I think they have over-saturated the market with reading material. I think there's already been too many books and comics to keep up with.
(06-01-2016, 05:02 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 03:03 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Agreed. Does anyone read the books and comics related to Star Wars? Finished Bloodline last week and am working through the Vol. 2 Kanan trade paperback!

I started to read them, got through 'A New Dawn', 'Tarkin', 'Heir to the Jedi', and a few of the comics, but I've severely fallen behind. I intended to keep up with everything, but I think they have over-saturated the market with reading material. I think there's already been too many books and comics to keep up with.

Yeah, i would agree there. Wish they would send some of those books towards the Jurassic Park franchise. Haha.

I just caught up this year. If you have to choose just two more books to read, you should read Claudia Gray's "Lost Stars" and "Bloodline." So good.

I'm actually just starting to get into the Star Wars Expanded Universe and am doing so in chronological order not of canonical events, but of media publication, starting with "From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker" and working my way forward. Because I enjoy piecing together timelines and tracking down publication dates.
They do move in herds.
(06-01-2016, 08:01 PM)AlanGrant Wrote:

I'm actually just starting to get into the Star Wars Expanded Universe and am doing so in chronological order not of canonical events, but of media publication, starting with "From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker" and working my way forward. Because I enjoy piecing together timelines and tracking down publication dates.

Whoa! You're going deep EU.
Looks like Christopher McQuarrie called out some bloggers last night, on some rumors:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-details/
(06-03-2016, 02:47 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Looks like Christopher McQuarrie called out some bloggers last night, on some rumors:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-details/

All the news sites are now backtracking and claiming reshoots don't always mean a bad thing, and they're right. Whenever anyone hears the word reshoot we immediately think it's a negative thing due to the stigma attached to the word. But I very much doubt Disney would have greenlit a script that had large problems, so I bet this is more of a tonal thing so help the film fit into the Star Wars universe a little better. Gareth Edwards is quite a dark filmmaker.
Oh my, this is going to be a dangerous thread for me. Really hoping what McQuarrie said on Twitter is true, and not just PR. I'm looking forward to R1 having its own unique tone within SW. The key thing attracting me to it is that it's said to be "Saving Private Ryan" in space, "Saving Private Ryan" being one of my favorite WWII movies. That Beachhead opening... *shivvers*
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
I love that there is a beach-like location in Rogue One! Loving the tone; I just hope these reshoots don't muddle what the trailer seems to communicate.