Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars (General Discussion)
It really is a shame. Each director has his own style and it's awesome to see that director do his own thing and do it his way.
But for all we know these are just typical reshoots I could be completely wrong I guess time will tell.
Yeah, I know that Disney came out with a pseudo press release (aka EW article) downplaying the significance of these reshoots... but I think there's more to it than that. They've brought in so many writers for this film. I don't think it's enough to write this film off, but it's enough to give pause.
Anyone else jazzed about the character news that came out today?!
(06-22-2016, 09:12 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Anyone else jazzed about the character news that came out today?!

I've been sleeping on SW. What character news exactly? P.S. I'm open to spoilers, but other readers BE WARNED. Wink
(06-22-2016, 09:12 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Anyone else jazzed about the character news that came out today?!

Absolutely! Good to know a little bit more about each character, especially Forest's.

(06-23-2016, 01:32 AM)Anonymous Wrote:

I've been sleeping on SW. What character news exactly?  P.S. I'm open to spoilers, but other readers BE WARNED. Wink

Here is the spoilerish news from ew.com Pretty cool stuff if you're a fan of TCW.
Today, EW did a profile on Vader's comeback to Rogue One. That ISN'T a spoiler, as I'm sure he'll be in official trailers and merchandise. Lucas film felt like it was okay to give this info officially.

Anyways, I'm excited to see this movie. It feels like it will be different. I'm excited that Saw Gerrera is back. Watched the Onderon arc on Netflix last night to refresh my memory.

Can't get past how different the animated character looks/sounds to Forest Whitaker though. haha.
(06-23-2016, 04:50 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Today, EW did a profile on Vader's comeback to Rogue One. That ISN'T a spoiler, as I'm sure he'll be in official trailers and merchandise. Lucas film felt like it was okay to give this info officially.

Anyways, I'm excited to see this movie. It feels like it will be different. I'm excited that Saw Gerrera is back. Watched the Onderon arc on Netflix last night to refresh my memory.

Can't get past how different the animated character looks/sounds to Forest Whitaker though. haha.

Well you have to imagine it's a much more battle hardened Gerrera. It's at least 19 years or so since we've seen what he's been up to since TCW and he obviously has a lot of issues now (ie, some sort of mech-ish suit). I think that will age a man pretty good. Plus it's fairly established that humans age quicker than you'd expect (Obi-Wan & ROTJ Anakin). Also, none of the characters actually resemble their real-life counterparts very well. Structurally, their faces look very different. Pablo Hidalgo pointed out specifically the differences between Count Dooku on TCW and his real life counterpart Christopher Lee.
Can't wait to see Vader again. I hope he kills all the main cast of rebels at the end.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
(06-23-2016, 06:12 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 04:50 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Today, EW did a profile on Vader's comeback to Rogue One. That ISN'T a spoiler, as I'm sure he'll be in official trailers and merchandise. Lucas film felt like it was okay to give this info officially.

Well you have to imagine it's a much more battle hardened Gerrera. It's at least 19 years or so since we've seen what he's been up to since TCW and he obviously has a lot of issues now (ie, some sort of mech-ish suit). I think that will age a man pretty good. Plus it's fairly established that humans age quicker than you'd expect (Obi-Wan & ROTJ Anakin). Also, none of the characters actually resemble their real-life counterparts very well. Structurally, their faces look very different. Pablo Hidalgo pointed out specifically the differences between Count Dooku on TCW and his real life counterpart Christopher Lee.

I know. I think with Dooku and Anakin, I at least have had a live action person to reference. For Saw, I've only seen a still and a few seconds of footage of live action. I'm sure it will start to feel seamless after awhile.

I'm just excited. What did you think of the new images EW released today? Galactic BEACH PARTY!
(06-23-2016, 10:24 PM)jobalexang Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 06:12 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote:

I know. I think with Dooku and Anakin, I at least have had a live action person to reference. For Saw, I've only seen a still and a few seconds of footage of live action. I'm sure it will start to feel seamless after awhile.

I'm just excited. What did you think of the new images EW released today? Galactic BEACH PARTY!

I'm very excited for that setting. That shot of the Storm Troopers in the water was pretty awesome. I have a feeling this will be a much larger version of the Battle of Kashyyyk in terms of location and the war aspect. That battle was visually awesome and actually an interesting tidbit here... In the Onderon arc (with Saw Gerrera), the rebels and Jedi had to fight against the HMP Droid Gunships and the only time we saw them in an actual film was in the battle of Kashyyyk. I wonder if they will salvage some and use them again in this beach battle if Saw Gerrera is around.