Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic World Easter Egg Discussion
I know this has been done on a few other sites, but I think it'd be great to have a summary and discussion of all the hidden gems and Easter eggs in Jurassic World. 

I'm on mobile currently, so I'll have to edit this post to share pictures.

One example would be the Stegoceratops file in Dr. Wu's secret lab:

[Image: 11376128_475622535929340_35715895_n.jpg?...Mg%3D%3D.2]

Another example is Dr. Malcolm's God Creates Dinosaurs novel seen throughout the film:

[Image: GodCreatesBar.jpeg]

Discuss!

EDIT: Added pictures since I'm on desktop now.
Malcolm's book is a gem, but my favorite easter egg in the movie is the kid in the Barbasol-patterned shirt when Zach and Gray are at the petting zoo:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
(06-01-2016, 02:47 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Malcolm's book is a gem, but my favorite easter egg in the movie is the kid in the Barbasol-patterned shirt when Zach and Gray are at the petting zoo:

Haha that's great! I never saw that before.
I agree Jurassiraptor, the random kid in the Barbasol shirt is gold. I must admit I didn't notice this until my third viewing of JW in the theaters!
These are all fantastic but hands-down my favourite Easter Egg has to be the fact that this guy rescuing two margaritas while everyone else is running for their lives is played by Jimmy Buffet; the man who wrote the song "Margaritaville."

[Image: SfcfYCEaRA.jpg]
They do move in herds.
(06-01-2016, 07:46 PM)AlanGrant Wrote: These are all fantastic but hands-down my favourite Easter Egg has to be the fact that this guy rescuing two margaritas while everyone else is running for their lives is played by Jimmy Buffet; the man who wrote the song "Margaritaville."

[Image: SfcfYCEaRA.jpg]

Hahaha that is such a great cameo!
Great thing about the Jimmy Buffett cameo is how quick it is... a real "blink and you miss it" moment. And even if you caught it, it takes a knowing eye to realize that it is Jimmy Buffett. The essence of a good easter egg.
Phil Tippett and Jack Horner can be seen in the first Raptor Enclosure scene with Owen
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
(06-02-2016, 12:05 AM)Aegyptiacus3 Wrote: Phil Tippett and Jack Horner can be seen in the first Raptor Enclosure scene with Owen

I like to think Horner was playing himself in that cameo, a resident paleontologist employed by the park to offer his expertise on dinosaurs.
(06-01-2016, 11:53 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Great thing about the Jimmy Buffett cameo is how quick it is... a real "blink and you miss it" moment. And even if you caught it, it takes a knowing eye to realize that it is Jimmy Buffett. The essence of a good easter egg.

Yes, this Easter egg went by so quickly I was not aware of it until someone pointed it out in the r/jurassicpark sub when the movie was still in theaters. This is probably the best one!