Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JO Encyclopedia Discussion
Hey Jack and Chris,

I thought it would be cool to have a thread about the JO encyclopedia wiki. Maybe just for discussion, reactions, ideas, opinions, etc.

I wouldn't make the encyclopedia available to be edited by the public (I think this would sadly prove to be a disaster), but would you guys consider allowing forum members to suggest entries and contribute content?

Looking forward to seeing this and the new website launch!

-AC
Ooh an encyclopedia?? This excites me.
Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in the encyclopedia! In the next few weeks we'll be looking to take on new team members to help expand the Encyclopedia, so watch this space!
(06-01-2016, 11:34 AM)Part Time Hero Wrote: Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in the encyclopedia! In the next few weeks we'll be looking to take on new team members to help expand the Encyclopedia, so watch this space!

Hey, that's great! I will see what I can contribute in terms of pictures of concept art. I have a lot of cool, rare, and probably never before seen stuff sitting in my desktop's hard drive. Smile
(06-01-2016, 12:18 PM)Anonymous Wrote: Hey, that's great! I will see what I can contribute in terms of pictures of concept art. I have a lot of cool, rare, and probably never before seen stuff sitting in my desktop's hard drive. Smile

Excited to see!
Not sure if this is something being incorporated later on, but will there be sourcing in the encyclopedia?
(06-01-2016, 11:34 AM)Part Time Hero Wrote: Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in the encyclopedia! In the next few weeks we'll be looking to take on new team members to help expand the Encyclopedia, so watch this space!

GREAT! quite honestly I am sure this is a massive undertaking. I'm very much looking forward to seeing a proper source for cannon and being able to explore the JP Universe on my own time outside of the movies!

Also, @Jack: I'm the guy who sent Chris the Escape From Jurassic Park material for the main page! I'm sharing as much as time allows man. Wink
(06-02-2016, 03:01 AM)jobalexang Wrote: Not sure if this is something being incorporated later on, but will there be sourcing in the encyclopedia?

This is currently being debated amongst us. At the moment, page like this Film Universe show the full list of sources for articles in each category. We were concerned that'd we'd end up sourcing the films about 100 times per page since that's where most of the info comes from.

If it's something people want, we'll definitely look into it.
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero
(06-02-2016, 08:28 AM)Anonymous Wrote: Also, @Jack: I'm the guy who sent Chris the Escape From Jurassic Park material for the main page! I'm sharing as much as time allows man. Wink

You're the hero this forum needs! Haha, yes I know, thank you for sharing that! Seriously amazing to see after all these years.
(06-02-2016, 11:22 AM)Part Time Hero Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 03:01 AM)jobalexang Wrote: Not sure if this is something being incorporated later on, but will there be sourcing in the encyclopedia?

This is currently being debated amongst us. At the moment, page like this Film Universe show the full list of sources for articles in each category. We were concerned that'd we'd end up sourcing the films about 100 times per page since that's where most of the info comes from.

If it's something people want, we'll definitely look into it.

I'm thinking it would just lend even more legitimacy to the encyclopedia, but I get how it could get muddy.