Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JO Encyclopedia Discussion
(06-02-2016, 06:08 PM)jobalexang Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 11:22 AM)Part Time Hero Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 03:01 AM)jobalexang Wrote: Not sure if this is something being incorporated later on, but will there be sourcing in the encyclopedia?

This is currently being debated amongst us. At the moment, page like this Film Universe show the full list of sources for articles in each category. We were concerned that'd we'd end up sourcing the films about 100 times per page since that's where most of the info comes from.

If it's something people want, we'll definitely look into it.

I'm thinking it would just lend even more legitimacy to the encyclopedia, but I get how it could get muddy.

It's definitely something we need to work on; ultimately the pages are young, and we're simply lifting the veil on our internal process of building them. Personally, I find the most interest in researching and writing about the dinosaurs, and at the moment I am limited on time - hence the unfinished, unpolished and unsourced nature of the raptor page. It'll get cleaned up, and evolve.

I personally would love to get some other people in to help with all that.. which is part of the plan!
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Hey, I had a chance to peruse through the JO Encyclipedia and found it difficult to navigate the sections and find entries that were made/completed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there an easy way to see what additions have been made? Like a summary post or a history tab?
(06-12-2016, 11:18 PM)Anonymous Wrote: Hey, I had a chance to peruse through the JO Encyclipedia and found it difficult to navigate the sections and find entries that were made/completed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there an easy way to see what additions have been made? Like a summary post or a history tab?

Currently there's only this. We'll be redesigning the Main Page soon to show the most recent changes in a neater format.
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero