Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana Jones (General Discussion)
So since a SW thread was added, I think we need to start talking about Indiana Jones. This series is right up there with JP for me. I think Indy is the quintessential action/adventure hero and it's doubtful that anyone will every top him. Thankfully we are getting an Indy 5 (in 2019) with Ford, after many reports of news stars coming in for a recast. Chris Pratt was attached by many for a long time and while he has the look, I don't think he could ever keep pace with Ford. 

Are you excited for Indy 5? Lets try to keep the Crystal Skull bashing to a minimum... Big Grin
Love me some Indy! Granted, it's not one of my favorite franchises, but I do enjoy the films enough that I dragged my mother to a midnight showing of Crystal Skull after my brother backed out of going with me. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, I have high hopes they'll want to do a great sequel just as they did for Star Wars.
Definitely excited for a new Indiana Jones. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull somehow seemed to miss what made the original three so great, so I do hope this new sequel is a better finale for the franchise. Are they planning a whole series of new films or just the one?
(06-01-2016, 11:34 AM)Jack Wrote: Definitely excited for a new Indiana Jones. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull somehow seemed to miss what made the original three so great, so I do hope this new sequel is a better finale for the franchise. Are they planning a whole series of new films or just the one?

As far as I know, it's just one for now, but who know what they'll plan. The film will surely make over a billion, so I know they'll want to continue it. The only problem is Ford is already 73 and will be 77 by the time Indy 5 comes out. Unless they film back to back, I can't really see him being the action hero that late in the game. He's already pushing the boundaries hard. If you look back on Crystal Skull now, Ford looks young.

(06-01-2016, 06:23 AM)Victoria Wrote: Love me some Indy! Granted, it's not one of my favorite franchises, but I do enjoy the films enough that I dragged my mother to a midnight showing of Crystal Skull after my brother backed out of going with me. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, I have high hopes they'll want to do a great sequel just as they did for Star Wars.

I'm sure Disney will treat it very well. They have so much invested in this property, with it being a staple within several of their theme parks. I'm hoping they finally decide to open the flood gates and get this property even more entrenched in the parks.
That's true. But I hope they don't just "pass the torch" as it were to younger Indiana Jones. Shia LaBeouf did not work...