Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deleted shots
There's a lot of shots and scenes throughout all the Jurassic Park movies that ended up on the cutting room floor and have never been released, not even on the DVD or Blu-ray special features. Some of these moments made it into trailers and promotional material, though.  Here's a couple of my favorites:

[Image: tumblr_ma7l74GxaM1rsiohpo1_500.jpg]
This angle of Grant luring the T. rex with a flare was cut to tighten up the sequence, in favor of the reverse shot from Grant's perspective.

[Image: tumblr_m6ndo7Rybm1rsiohpo1_500.jpg]
Deleted scene from The Lost World shows Ludlow falling on the young tyrannosaur and breaking its leg, explaining why it is injured throughout the rest of the movie.

Know of any other deleted moments? Please add any you can find!
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
It was strange how The Lost World was the only film released with deleted scenes on the DVD. I think it had something to do with those scenes still being broadcast on the TV version. Does anybody know why? Love the scenes either way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY4y0dOjjNQ
(06-01-2016, 06:14 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: There's a lot of shots and scenes throughout all the Jurassic Park movies that ended up on the cutting room floor and have never been released, not even on the DVD or Blu-ray special features. Some of these moments made it into trailers and promotional material, though.  Here's a couple of my favorites:

[Image: tumblr_ma7l74GxaM1rsiohpo1_500.jpg]
This angle of Grant luring the T. rex with a flare was cut to tighten up the sequence, in favor of the reverse shot from Grant's perspective.

[Image: tumblr_m6ndo7Rybm1rsiohpo1_500.jpg]
Deleted scene from The Lost World shows Ludlow falling on the young tyrannosaur and breaking its leg, explaining why it is injured throughout the rest of the movie.

Know of any other deleted moments? Please add any you can find!

I like that first shot a ton. It actually now reminds me of the final shot of JW, where the camera circles around the Rex over the control room.
Originally for the first JP I believe they had planned to have some extra scenes involving Muldoon and Ellie leaving the emergency bunker, and Arnold heading to the maintenance shed to turn the power on. Arnold's scene was scrapped because of the hurricane during filming, but there are some behind the scenes shots particularly of Muldoon and Ellie which are interesting.
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
Out of all the deleted scenes in the franchise, the one I'd probably like to see the most is the one in which Ludlow breaks the infant's leg. From how it plays out in the script, it seems like it would have been a really really good scene to have kept in the movie.
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
(06-05-2016, 03:33 AM)CT-1138 Wrote: Out of all the deleted scenes in the franchise, the one I'd probably like to see the most is the one in which Ludlow breaks the infant's leg. From how it plays out in the script, it seems like it would have been a really really good scene to have kept in the movie.

The comic book adaptation of the script can give us an idea of how that scene may have played out visually:

[Image: Z3EEOSg.jpg]
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Heh. I notice they omitted Ludlow's bottle of scotch that was the cause of the offense. Tongue
(06-05-2016, 03:33 AM)CT-1138 Wrote: Out of all the deleted scenes in the franchise, the one I'd probably like to see the most is the one in which Ludlow breaks the infant's leg. From how it plays out in the script, it seems like it would have been a really really good scene to have kept in the movie.

Did they definitely film this? There's so many deleted scenes that I wish we could see. It's funny that Spielberg only allowed two on the DVD for TLW, and that's it for the whole franchise. I guess those two scenes made it so close to the final cut that it just made sense.
(06-05-2016, 11:48 PM)Jack Wrote:

Did they definitely film this? There's so many deleted scenes that I wish we could see. It's funny that Spielberg only allowed two on the DVD for TLW, and that's it for the whole franchise. I guess those two scenes made it so close to the final cut that it just made sense.

There's at least two screenshots I know of from this scene. The one OP posted, and this one: 
[Image: RolandLudlowDS.png]

Anyway, speaking of TLW deleted scenes, I saw Behind the Gates post this one a while back and I have no clue where it's from: 
[Image: eJb2M8T.jpg]
That's Nick in the trailer right?