Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to @JurassicPark
@JurassicPark and @JurassicWorld now have separate, verified accounts on Twitter. It could mean nothing — it could mean something. Either way, it's very interesting. Thoughts?

For those who might not know, @JurassicPark has been around for ages. When Jurassic World was announced, the name was changed to #JurassicWorld, but the @JurassicPark handle remained. There was also an account for Jurassic World, with the handle @JurassicWorld, that was completely inactive, to the point of still having the Twitter egg as its profile picture. Fans found it, though, and followed it. Just in case. It seems that account has finally been put to use, with the handles simply being swapped so that @JurassicPark seems new, and @JurassicWorld inherits all the existing followers.

I had a bit of an internal crisis over which section to put this thread in, so any moderators can feel free move it around if they think it'd be better suited somewhere else.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
I'm just catching up, but this is certainly an odd thing to see! I don't really understand it at this point, but we'll see what they do with @JurassicPark. It's nice to finally see some activity, we can all agree on that!
I received a notification saying several people were following @JurassicPark. I'm following the account as well. It's odd this suddenly comes back to life. We'll see what might or might not be in store.
Very interesting.
Very weird, considering that during the Jurassic World marketing ramp up, this account was live-tweeting AMC's broadcast of the original. And... it just seems weird to do, unless they have some good, fleshed out plans for their social accounts going forward.

Star Wars has done this with it's Instagram and Facebook pages, where they created a Star Wars Movies account that only posts stuff related to the full-length films, while the overall Star Wars account tweets about all eras and media related to the franchise.
I'm intrigued but at the same time I literally LOL'd since whomever manages their @jurassicworld Twitter handle never Tweets a damn thing and as a result the account is basically dead. Come on Universal! We fans would like to engage and interact with you about JP!
(07-18-2016, 06:05 AM)Anonymous Wrote: I'm intrigued but at the same time I literally LOL'd since whomever manages their @jurassicworld Twitter handle never Tweets a damn thing and as a result the account is basically  dead. Come on Universal! We fans would like to engage and interact with you about JP!

My suggestion is to put a couple of fans in charge; they let Jack and Tim write the entire Masrani website, why not get some fans to run the @JurassicPark and @JurassicWorld Twitter accounts? It would guarantee them remaining active and attracting a following.
This could go either way. The separating of brands could mean that we'll be getting merchandise and media targeted at fans of the original trilogy which is great. However it could also mean that they plan on going a totally different direction with the JW trilogy that they felt it was necessary to separate the brands so they wouldn't hurt the original brand. So yeah in a way I'm excited to see stuff focused on the original trilogy but if true I'm also scared of what they plan with the JW trilogy.
Just thought I'd drop in to let everyone know that, on August 30, @JurassicPark finally broke its silence... by retweeting @JurassicWorld.

Now, there's undeniably an argument to be made that, 'Of course they did!', an argument that it's good to get stuff in front of as many people as possible, and an argument that — given the subject of the post, The Exhibition — this one doesn't really count, but that retweet made me feel strangely sad.

Personally, I had hoped that the Jurassic Park account might exist as a refuge for those of us who found Jurassic World to be less than stellar, somewhere we could go to reminisce, to imagine a world in which no one had bothered to imagine how big Isla Nublar was, in pounds... a world in which an Indominus rex was still a figment of Henry Wu's imagination, and in which a Velociraptor hadn't literally tried to talk to someone. (At least, 'Alan!' was a dream...) Alas, it seems as though we're in for a shared future.

Joking aside, this does, once again, raise the question of just what the Jurassic Park account is for, what with Universal reportedly mandating that everything Jurassic-related must be branded Jurassic World these days. Whatever the case, I'm still looking forward to finding out.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
(09-13-2016, 03:03 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: Just thought I'd drop in to let everyone know that, on August 30, @JurassicPark finally broke its silence... by retweeting @JurassicWorld.

Now, there's undeniably an argument to be made that, 'Of course they did!', an argument that it's good to get stuff in front of as many people as possible, and an argument that — given the subject of the post, The Exhibition — this one doesn't really count, but that retweet made me feel strangely sad.

Personally, I had hoped that the Jurassic Park account might exist as a refuge for those of us who found Jurassic World to be less than stellar, somewhere we could go to reminisce, to imagine a world in which no one had bothered to imagine how big Isla Nublar was, in pounds... a world in which an Indominus rex was still a figment of Henry Wu's imagination, and in which a Velociraptor hadn't literally tried to talk to someone. (At least, 'Alan!' was a dream...) Alas, it seems as though we're in for a shared future.

Joking aside, this does, once again, raise the question of just what the Jurassic Park account is for, what with Universal reportedly mandating that everything Jurassic-related must be branded Jurassic World these days. Whatever the case, I'm still looking forward to finding out.
Not everyone loved Jurassic World?! Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Confused

My bad joking aside too, I agree, those who didn't like Jurassic World should have the Jurassic Park twitter (or any website devoted to the first film) for refuge even though I love Jurassic World. The first will always be the best.