Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to @JurassicPark
The @JurassicPark Twitter account won't be given up by Universal (whether they use it actively or leave it dormant) because the Jurassic Park brand is recognized the world over, and people will believe anything this account tweets comes from Universal - ending up in the wrong hands, it could damage the brand and studio.
Given that it would be pointless to continue doing so, this'll be my last update here until something more significant happens. @JurassicPark has awoken from its slumber once again, to provide us with yet another Jurassic World retweet...

Pointless (adjective) — Having little or no sense, use, or purpose.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
It's very strange!
This doesn't really qualify as 'significant', but is interesting all the same. In addition to the Twitter accounts being splintered, the Facebook accounts are now separate, too. Not particularly surprising. The interesting thing, though, is that they are explicitly separate on the redesigned jurassicworld.com, with there being individual, clearly defined links to both Jurassic World and Jurassic Park's Facebook Pages at the top of the site.

This might seem like an incredibly trivial thing to be so interested in, but I'm legitimately, ridiculously curious as to what it all means. Curious, and a little concerned. Part of me can't help but wonder if they lulled us all into a false sense of security by talking up Jurassic World's connections to Jurassic Park, but are now preparing to go off in a crazy new direction.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
(09-30-2016, 01:08 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: This doesn't really qualify as 'significant', but is interesting all the same. In addition to the Twitter accounts being splintered, the Facebook accounts are now separate, too. Not particularly surprising. The interesting thing, though, is that they are explicitly separate on the redesigned jurassicworld.com, with there being individual, clearly defined links to both Jurassic World and Jurassic Park's Facebook Pages at the top of the site.

This might seem like an incredibly trivial thing to be so interested in, but I'm legitimately, ridiculously curious as to what it all means. Curious, and a little concerned. Part of me can't help but wonder if they lulled us all into a false sense of security by talking up Jurassic World's connections to Jurassic Park, but are now preparing to go off in a crazy new direction.

I assume they want to separate the two trilogies - which seems like a good plan. The first three are distinctly different in look and feel. The fourth film is heading the sequels into a new (more outrageous?) direction.

The fourth is still building on what came before (Raptor handling being inspired by Grant communicating with the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park III, for example), but clearly deviates in general.

Personally, I believe it's clever. The original is such a unique film and a cinematic phenomenon; the magic works because it's grounded in reality. The fourth film is far more fantastical, over the top even. That approach will most likely continue in the coming two films. Setting them apart makes it clear for audiences that they, though belonging to the same universe, are separate entities.