Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Dr. Wu make the deal with Hoskins?
Hoskins's motivation for the deal is clear, he just loves wars but Wu's motivation isn't. Thoughts? Will/Should the next film explain it?
I think they're bringing Wu more in line with his novel characterization. The guy wanted to achieve a more authentic presentation of dinosaurs, while Hammond wanted something that people would know to be true from old-school thinking. Maybe Wu wants more accuracy in his creatures; he strikes me as someone who values science as an empirical field of study.

But he was forced into hybridization research by his employers. Maybe now, he thinks, he can truly create scientifically accurate dinosaurs?
Wu struck me as being under a lot of pressure to do his work and do it well. He accomplished the impossible by cloning dinosaurs, but now that living dinosaurs are known to the public and seen as old hat, he's stressed to up the ante to improve his research and keep ahead of competing bioengineering companies. Job security and credit for his work, that's what I think his motivations are.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
(08-02-2016, 06:41 PM)jobalexang Wrote: I think they're bringing Wu more in line with his novel characterization. The guy wanted to achieve a more authentic presentation of dinosaurs, while Hammond wanted something that people would know to be true from old-school thinking.

It was actually the other way around. 

Wu thought they moved too fast and wanted to breed more domesticated dinosaurs. 

Wu feared that people would think they move to fast. And then blame him for not working precisely enough.
Plus he saw the chance to create animals that fit better in a zoo and show the public what they expect.
According to him this would be slow and tamed dinosaurs.