Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite moment in the original trilogy?
Man, that's tough. I would probably say that the first time we see the Brachiosaurus from JP. It's incredible, and transcends the imagination. The shot was beautiful, awe inspiring and wonderful all the same time. I can't think of any shot from cinema that can continuously give me feels every time I experience it.
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
(06-05-2016, 03:29 AM)CT-1138 Wrote: Man, that's tough. I would probably say that the first time we see the Brachiosaurus  from JP. It's incredible, and transcends the imagination. The shot was beautiful, awe inspiring and wonderful all the same time. I can't think of any shot from cinema that can continuously give me feels every time I experience it.

Watched it again recently (who hasn't?) and that scene still gets me. Watched TLW today, and the trailers off the cliff scene may be my favourite part of the movie, all the way from when Eddie sees the trees swaying as the Rex's approach, up until when the hunters help Sarah, Ian etc climb up onto the ground again. So perfectly executed, Spielberg doesn't get enough credit for that movie.
Gotta be when Rexy saves the day at the end of JP. That scene has resonated with me more than any other scene from any other movie.

Just...spectacular.
Oh man this is tough, I would love to just say all 127 minutes of Jurassic Park and 129 minutes of The Lost World Jurassic Park! Wink

If I have to pick particular scenes:

JP- T-Rex breakout and the Gallimimus heard sequence.

TLW- Game trail sequence and T-Rex trailer attack.

JPIII- Spinosaurus versus T-Rex (until it kills the T-Rex).

JW: ACU's first attempt at capturing the I-Rex with Hamada's death and the release of the Raptor Squad with Owen Grady on the Triumph.

JW2: Claire's use of the M16 on the camouflaged Raptors in the desert while saving Owen. JK, have to be a troll sometimes Smile
The moment when the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner comes floating down and the T-Rex unleashes her bellowing roar... cinematic genius. I get chills just thinking about it.
It's hard to pick just one because thinking back when JP came out, I remember seeing a clip of the Gallimimus flock on TV over and over. So that's a big one. Then the Brachiosaurus appearance... amazing. Factor in the sick Triceratops, Raptors in the kitchen, and Rexy vs. the Raptors, and this becomes increasingly difficult. If I had to pick just one, it would have to be T-Rex Breakout (for some reason I'm thinking of Rexy breakdancing while typing that). It's just so iconic and to me as a kid was the one thing I felt was most memorable when leaving the theater.
Despite TLW being probably my favorite film of the series I have to go with the Rex appearing out of nowhere and biting the raptor with the main theme playing.

One of the greatest endings in film history.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I, too, find it difficult to pinpoint just one scene as an absolute favorite. There are so many wonderful moments in the original film alone (Brachiosaurus reveal, the ailing Triceratops, the first time the Tyrannosaurus steps into the frame, the Gallimimus stampede, etc.) it wouldn't be fair to single one out as "best".

All of the above then, plus the exchange between John Hammond and Ellie Sattler in the restaurant. That's one of my top (non-dinosaur) scenes in all of the films. Hammond's story about Petticoat Lane gives his desire to create Jurassic Park a bit of background, and makes him more than just a businessman wanting to get ever richer (and his line "everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals," during lunch is given more weight by his story of the flea-circus).
It is extremely difficult to choose indeed.

I think I'll let my feelings take the decision: The only moment JP where I have cried out of emotion is the first Brachiosaurus encounter in JP. That scene is just perfect from every possible angle: the acting, the editing, the effects, the music, the photography,

A second close would be the A tree for my bed - Remembering Petticoat Lane sequence. It is the moment where character development begins for both Grant and Hammond (the only characters with some character development in the movie, BTW): Grant starts to like kids better and to accept his job will never be the same, whereas Hammond accepts that JP can't be controlled and that there won't be a "next time", JP won't be perfect. Both characters attitude changes dramatically after this sequence. The music is also very nostalgic, as change brings a certaing nostalgia.

I think those would be.
When Rexy surveyed her domain and trumpeted a glorious assertion of her power, whilst the sun rose over that beautiful view of the island.

And also when Rexy smashed down the power cables, rain splattering her hide, and meandered into the view of the terrified occupants of the Jeeps and bellowed into the night and rain.

And finally, when Rexy slowly emerged from the shadows of her cage, red eyes beading thirstily.

Again, she is the best thing.