Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2017 theme - 'Raptor Squad' & 'Classic Jurassic'?
I dunno Jack, this never looked good/professional

[Image: r4YaSky.jpg]

It's like they remembered they needed key art at the last minute and threw it together with a texture in Photoshop. It looks reallly bad.

This at least has some thought put into it:

[Image: Fdw5DZc.jpg]
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Agree, JP3 is probably the least appealing (and most harsh looking) of the lot. I was never a huge fan of TLW packaging. The green color is nice but it's pretty uninspired. It would have been cool if they took the atmospheric concept of the JP packaging and changed the terrain or something.
I wouldn't say the JW packaging is any better than JP3. They both are very similar. Bad textures with a CG dinosaur thrown on top. At least the Spino IS the Spino from the movie. The JP3 also has the warning hazard down the left there, which is pretty common to see on products related to JP.

It's by no means great, but JW is no better. Hasbro haven't put effort in it would seem.
(06-16-2016, 01:49 PM)Jack Wrote: I wouldn't say the JW packaging is any better than JP3. They both are very similar. Bad textures with a CG dinosaur thrown on top. At least the Spino IS the Spino from the movie. The JP3 also has the warning hazard down the left there, which is pretty common to see on products related to JP.

It's by no means great, but JW is no better. Hasbro haven't put effort in it would seem.

I agree with Jack. Although, Hasbro did not design the JW packaging internally. To me knowledge Universal hired an external firm to do this. The packaging is unique, but uninspiring IMO.

Honestly though, the Jurassic World packaging is better than the Hasbro toys...

Getting Hasbro as a whole to actually care about JP will take a miracle.
But they won't give up that license as it brings in so much. I'd be curious to know how much JW made compared to say, Star Wars or JP3 for example.