Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your ideal JP video game??
I have a few ideas I would be more than okay with

Jurassic WorldSadbasically an operation genesis for a new generation)
-Raptor Training gameplay
-Ability to give commands to the raptors
-Business Management
-building rides (themed roller coasters, water slides and so on)
-building enclosures
-Keeping feeding schedules
-Dino Medical (make sure the animals are healthy)
-Hybrid Creation
-Breakout Response
-Visitor View. (Go through the park as a visitor in first person to enjoy what you have created.)
-make sure visitor satisfaction is high
-Bad Weather Response

Basically as full featured as a sims or tycoon game. Operation Genesis was so good for its time, I want a natural evolution of that.

Jurassic World Survival Horror (Like Alien Isolation but good...lol)
-Open World
-Emphasis on Survival, not killing
-first person (it makes the dinos more prominent from that view)
-item crafting, weapon crafting
-environment interaction (Climbing, swimming, environment destruction)

Dino Survival Game on Isla Sorna
-Play on Isla Sorna as a dino of your choice (breed, gender and so on)
-see how the animals act without human interference
-Establish your own territory
-survive as your dino class by hunting, battling over territory, defending nest or babies from predators and more
-Dino Class system (If you are a T-Rex or Raptor, or anything for that matter, you have to respect the chain of command and play safely by listening to pack leader commands or fight to become the alpha and assert dominance)

All these ideas would have visuals consistent with todays visuals standard. It should look as good as Star Wars Battlefront. Or at the very least it should be close.

I would love to hear all of your ideas. Whatever your ideas are, lets hear them. We deserve a great JP game! I have a feeling the one that is coming out might not be the one we are looking for. I just want a game that is worthy of todays standard.

What I don't want is a standard shooter or cheap mobile game, This universe is so rich with potential ideas that cant be done in a movie, but would be perfect for a video game!! And I really believe if a game studio put some passion and effort, there would be an audience for it.
I agree with a lot of your points! I had posted a good number of articles on the old site about video games and more recently aimed it at an Alien Isolation type of feel, mixed in with a bit of Last of Us.
Your ideas are basically what I want as well. Mostly the new Operation Genesis. I've dedicated so many hours of my life to the old one haha.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
I'd love a Jurassic World version of Operation Genesis! Such a fun game that I played so much when I first got it. I still pull it out from time to time to play it every now and then. I'd love for them to update it but keep it pretty similar, perhaps with some additional features like making any kind of hybrid you want. Hopefully they would include fewer twisters in a new version.
(06-02-2016, 08:16 AM)Victoria Wrote: I'd love a Jurassic World version of Operation Genesis! Such a fun game that I played so much when I first got it. I still pull it out from time to time to play it every now and then. I'd love for them to update it but keep it pretty similar, perhaps with some additional features like making any kind of hybrid you want. Hopefully they would include fewer twisters in a new version.

Hey Victoria! I am a fan of your Toy Vids on Youtube! This is you yes? Or am I an ass? lol

As with operation Genesis, the game is such a simple concept, but so engaging to us hardcore JP fans. I would love to revisit that!

(06-01-2016, 10:14 PM)Raptor Blue Wrote: Your ideas are basically what I want as well. Mostly the new Operation Genesis. I've dedicated so many hours of my life to the old one haha.

I think most of us here love Operation Genesis! I remember being home sick from school and playing the crap out of it.

(06-01-2016, 08:46 PM)Jack Wrote: I agree with a lot of your points! I had posted a good number of articles on the old site about video games and more recently aimed it at an Alien Isolation type of feel, mixed in with a bit of Last of Us.

Oh yeah, I remember you saying you would like an alien isolation type of experience. I just hope it would be much better than that. In Alien Isolation the experience was creepy but you were basically a passive observer that occasionally got to push a button or two. I want JP to feel much more interactive. Like you are affecting the world around you.
you know what else I think could be fun and still visually great. A good ole side scrolling platformer. something 2.5D. Those can be a lot of fun, and recently some of them have looked beautiful.
For me, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis is the ideal JP video game. It is near perfect, and if you incorporate some modification skins and textures, you can add so much more to the game. That being said if they released an updated version of JPOG or a 1st person shooter style JP game set on Isla Nublar during the time of the original JP that would be insane!
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
I read somewhere (I think it was on reddit) a near perfect idea for a Jurassic Park game. It starts off like a modern Operation Genesis, you build the entire park from the ground up, have it reach 5 stars. And then when you've "completed" that aspect, you're thrown into a third/first person character game, where you control one park worker who now has to survive, save people and navigate his way through a park that's breaking down - there's a storm approaching, some Raptors have escaped, etc etc.

I think that would be great, a mix of both styles of gameplay, and you'd never play the same game twice. It would get very creative.
(06-03-2016, 12:29 PM)Jack Wrote: I read somewhere (I think it was on reddit) a near perfect idea for a Jurassic Park game. It starts off like a modern Operation Genesis, you build the entire park from the ground up, have it reach 5 stars. And then when you've "completed" that aspect, you're thrown into a third/first person character game, where you control one park worker who now has to survive, save people and navigate his way through a park that's breaking down - there's a storm approaching, some Raptors have escaped, etc etc.

I think that would be great, a mix of both styles of gameplay, and you'd never play the same game twice. It would get very creative.

that is a great idea!! Send it to universal and tell them to get on it...lol
While we don't officially call it a "Game", our team has been making 'Jurassic World 3D Project' for little over a year now.
This interactive program for PC & Mac lets you explore a fully fleshed out recreation of Jurassic World and its many attractions, sights and landmarks. Despite the way it looks, its not actually a game. Its a unique way for fans to explore a beautiful 3D model of Isla Nublar. I'm sure a lot of you would be interested, so please check it out if you can . http://pangyanews.wix.com/jw3dproject

I totally agree with you guys though, we need an official big dev team to pick up this franchise. I absolutely love Operation Genesis and while i know many people want a game thats more action (similar to TLOU or Alien Isolation) I personally would just rather something more chill. Jurassic Park/World has always had that 'awe' factor to it, the beauty of dinosaurs and the park. I feel like Operation Genesis captured this feeling so well. Honestly that's why we made Jurassic World 3D Project in the first place.

Lets hope that recently back-in-development Jurassic World game is good, very interested to see their take on the Park. Big Grin