Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your ideal JP video game??
(06-03-2016, 12:29 PM)Jack Wrote: I read somewhere (I think it was on reddit) a near perfect idea for a Jurassic Park game. It starts off like a modern Operation Genesis, you build the entire park from the ground up, have it reach 5 stars. And then when you've "completed" that aspect, you're thrown into a third/first person character game, where you control one park worker who now has to survive, save people and navigate his way through a park that's breaking down - there's a storm approaching, some Raptors have escaped, etc etc.

I think that would be great, a mix of both styles of gameplay, and you'd never play the same game twice. It would get very creative.

Yes, that would be brilliant!
Who doesn't want another Operation Genesis as well? I find it hard to believe they didn't release a new version alongside Jurassic World. Would have been perfect.
A game in the vein of ALIEN: Isolation would be lovely! I suppose Trespasser comes closest, but that game included just one character. It would be fun to be stuck on Isla Sorna after the storm, or Isla Nublar after the island's evacuated, having to make your way off - meeting characters and dinosaurs along the way.

Both games have options not to kill the Xenomorph (or other survivors) or dinosaurs, but go round them or hide. This makes the games feel more realistic than those in which the motive simply is shooting up everything that moves.
Cool thread.

TLW for the PS would have pretty much been my ideal JP game had it not been so incredibly difficult.

I remember thinking to myself "Oh my God! I get to play as a T. rex!! Time to carve a path of destruction!" and then 2 seconds later being killed by a bazooka.
(06-01-2016, 07:19 PM)KerrRobinson84 Wrote: Jurassic World Survival Horror (Like Alien Isolation but good...lol)
-Open World
-Emphasis on Survival, not killing
-first person (it makes the dinos more prominent from that view)
-item crafting, weapon crafting
-environment interaction (Climbing, swimming, environment destruction)
 I've just started playing Alien Isolation. Tongue
I'd like a survival game of sorts.
An employees p.o.v trying to survive a disaster would be cool.
In terms of a JP:OG game:
- A huge amount of possible dinosaurs
- Hire/fire staff members who all have different attributes etc. 
- Risk with some staff members/sabotage (Nedry like)
- Different weather/storms
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
I'm all about a new, updated park builder. It's the best fit for the Jurassic franchise. Give me an expanded and graphically enhanced Operation Genesis and I'll be over the moon.

A survival adventure title would also be great. A sort of "GTA on Nublar", as it were.
(06-08-2016, 05:51 PM)SickTriceratops Wrote: I'm all about a new, updated park builder. It's the best fit for the Jurassic franchise. Give me an expanded and graphically enhanced Operation Genesis and I'll be over the moon.

A survival adventure title would also be great. A sort of "GTA on Nublar", as it were.

Yes to both! Exactly what I want - a survival horror, taking elements from Alien: Isolation and The Last of Us. Make it about character, not killing dinosaurs. Definitely not first person either.
(06-02-2016, 07:39 PM)KerrRobinson84 Wrote: you know what else I think could be fun and still visually great. A good ole side scrolling platformer. something 2.5D. Those can be a lot of fun, and recently some of them have looked beautiful.

I totally agree! Something like The Lost World game for the PS2? Where you have the choice to play as dinosaurs or humans. That game was loads of fun and with todays graphics and engines could be beautiful and more interactive
(06-09-2016, 03:52 PM)JP18 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:39 PM)KerrRobinson84 Wrote: you know what else I think could be fun and still visually great. A good ole side scrolling platformer. something 2.5D. Those can be a lot of fun, and recently some of them have looked beautiful.

I totally agree! Something like The Lost World game for the PS2? Where you have the choice to play as dinosaurs or humans. That game was loads of fun and with todays graphics and engines could be beautiful and more interactive

That game is a nostalgia trip for me. I love it.
(06-08-2016, 08:12 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 05:51 PM)SickTriceratops Wrote: I'm all about a new, updated park builder. It's the best fit for the Jurassic franchise. Give me an expanded and graphically enhanced Operation Genesis and I'll be over the moon.

Yes to both! Exactly what I want - a survival horror, taking elements from Alien: Isolation and The Last of Us. Make it about character, not killing dinosaurs. Definitely not first person either.

That would be a brilliant game. I would like a free roam type game. As SickTriceratops stated a ''GTA''-esq type game would be good.

Missions in which you could choose to help a saboteur shut the Park down and other such missions would be cool to do.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”