Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your ideal JP video game??
Problem is, so many indie developers have attempted a Jurassic Park game and for whatever reason they always end up stopping development. Whether it's pressure from the studio, or just the developer realizing that it's too much work, they are never finished.

And that is such a shame. There are some seriously talented indie developers out there who have put so much time into Jurassic projects. Hopefully one day we'll see one finished.

I love the look of this Trespasser remake, but it's one guy and he's in no rush so we may not see anything playable for quite some time.
(06-14-2016, 11:26 PM)Jack Wrote: Problem is, so many indie developers have attempted a Jurassic Park game and for whatever reason they always end up stopping development. Whether it's pressure from the studio, or just the developer realizing that it's too much work, they are never finished.

And that is such a shame. There are some seriously talented indie developers out there who have put so much time into Jurassic projects. Hopefully one day we'll see one finished.

I love the look of this Trespasser remake, but it's one guy and he's in no rush so we may not see anything playable for quite some time.

Another problem is getting the license from Universal.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Jurassic Park doesn't lend to the more popular genres from the past and present. I mean Platforming was cool in the 16 bit days and while we may have enjoyed those JP games they don't really make sense and neither does a FPS JP game since you never see that in the games where one person shoots dinosaurs everywhere, this isn't Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. There's definitely some genres the franchise could take.

Park Sim: The perfect fit for JP and what everyone wants since JP Builder for GBA and Genesis for PC/PS2 are fondly remembered but sadly with F2P being a thing we won't likely get any for a long time, especially when they have both JP:Builder and JW on mobile making money..

Survival Horror: A genre that works perfectly for JP since you have limited ammo and you're surviving, sadly the only time we were going to get it, it was cancelled. Sadly survival horror isn't really a thing anymore so who knows if anyone would take the risk.

Story based: Like JP:The Game or other Tell Tale games, it could work, not as much action but not bad, let's hope for a better story than JP:TG this time.

I'm not saying other genres couldn't work but they'd need to be heavily modified to work in the JP universe, a FPS where you don't just kill dinosaurs would work but that's hard to pull off since it'd get boring. Sure it's fun to play those old light gun games and shoot up every dinosaur but is that really what we want for a JP game?
Alot of fans like the JP game from Telltale sdp.
A lot of the JP fandom liked it but not critics or gamers, it got bad scores and sold badly. I like it for what it is.
I tried to play it recently and I just couldn't. It's so bad.
That's unfortunate Jack. I really like that game.
(07-26-2016, 08:15 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: That's unfortunate Jack. I really like that game.

I liked what it was trying to do, but it's just so hard and tedious to play. Glad you enjoyed it though!
Trespasser is basically my ideal JP game, though far more polished. Jurassic Park Survival also looked right up my alley. 
So overall I want to explore the island, but also have a story focus. So no crafting and what not.
(07-28-2016, 12:42 AM)Jawmuncher Wrote: Trespasser is basically my ideal JP game, though far more polished. Jurassic Park Survival also looked right up my alley. 
So overall I want to explore the island, but also have a story focus. So no crafting and what not.

Agreed, and I think the whole survival aspect should play a big part too. I'm not up for mindlessly killing dinosaurs, how about avoiding them like The Last of Us?