Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is your ideal JP video game??
This is pretty close to being my favourite JP game so far...

@KerrRobinson 84.
I agree with the JPOG ideas you have, but to add on to it, here's a couple of things to consider with your ideas:
Able to train all iconic dinosaurs only.
Sea beasts, Mammals, giant insects, and other extinct animals (Ex. Thylacine, dodo, and etc.).
Island construction.
Volcano as an added weather hazard (tropical islands are usually volcanic).
River rafting ride (using a river connected to the enclosure, and not able to use for carnivores)
petting zoo area (for smaller animals to be raised, optional, makes the adults easier to handle)
All rides and attractions are visitable through Visitor mode (first-person character playing)
Story missions (construction, dino rampage, weather survival, photography, etc.), some should be First-person.
Pine trees and other non-tropical plants usable for specific environments
Dino-riding

What do you think of these added ideas?
(11-08-2016, 01:17 AM)NoversalRex1024 Wrote: @KerrRobinson 84.
I agree with the JPOG ideas you have, but to add on to it, here's a couple of things to consider with your ideas:
Able to train all iconic dinosaurs only.
Sea beasts, Mammals, giant insects, and other extinct animals (Ex. Thylacine, dodo, and etc.).
Island construction.
Volcano as an added weather hazard (tropical islands are usually volcanic).
River rafting ride (using a river connected to the enclosure, and not able to use for carnivores)
petting zoo area (for smaller animals to be raised, optional, makes the adults easier to handle)
All rides and attractions are visitable through Visitor mode (first-person character playing)
Story missions (construction, dino rampage, weather survival, photography, etc.), some should be First-person.
Pine trees and other non-tropical plants usable for specific environments
Dino-riding

What do you think of these added ideas?

I agree to that and here is a small petition on change.org for a brief ideology for the successor to JPOG https://www.change.org/p/activision-a-su...on-genesis
Jurassic World: Operation Genesis and the Alien Isolation ideas are two really good ideas. I know there are games coming out that are inspired by JPOG such as Mesozoica and Prehistoric Kingdom, but without the Jurassic Park license to incorporate the music, designs and overall look of the franchise, they're not as interesting to me.
(03-19-2017, 10:14 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote: Jurassic World: Operation Genesis and the Alien Isolation ideas are two really good ideas. I know there are games coming out that are inspired by JPOG such as Mesozoica and Prehistoric Kingdom, but without the Jurassic Park license to incorporate the music, designs and overall look of the franchise, they're not as interesting to me.

Oooh, I love the idea of a Jurassic Park game in the style of Alien Isolation. Now I'm going to be imagining this all day haha
The Isle is kind of turning in to my ideal JP game.

Also, I'd love a game similar to Jurassic Park: OG, but newer and better. It's been a dream of mine for a while.
While I feel the franchise is best suited for a park building game (for obvious reasons) I'm not a huge fan of the genre.

My ideal JP game would be a sort of mix between the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot and the canceled Jurassic Park Survival game with perhaps a dash of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I don't think I'd want to see mounds of dinosaur or InGen Sec. bodies in the players wake so I'd like to see a structured and well paced narrative like Tomb Raider reboot or the first Uncharted title where the goal, by and large, is to escape with you life. With the exception of Owen our main protagonists in the films are academics so I don't think I'd want the game to be largely combat based but consists of exploring, platforming, and escape sequences (hence the dash of Warrior Within with it's Dahaka encoutners) with the occasional puzzle and human-on-human combat. Human combat I feel would be best in small doses but be a bit cinematic (Uncharted: A Thief's End melee fights for example) and usually have the protagonist at a disadvantage i.e. no gun or lack of fighting skills compared to InGen security division personnel. Dino vs human combat would feel a bit silly and unfitting with the films (at least prior to World) so I think having these as scripted escape encounters would be best (NO GYMNASTIC BASED COMBAT PLZ).

...failing that I'd take a Disney Infinity style park creation game with lighthearted combat and a slightly cartoony feel (like the Lego game but with more creation aspects).
(05-12-2017, 04:49 PM)Missionary Wrote: While I feel the franchise is best suited for a park building game (for obvious reasons) I'm not a huge fan of the genre.

My ideal JP game would be a sort of mix between the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot and the canceled Jurassic Park Survival game with perhaps a dash of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I don't think I'd want to see mounds of dinosaur or InGen Sec. bodies in the players wake so I'd like to see a structured and well paced narrative like Tomb Raider reboot or the first Uncharted title where the goal, by and large, is to escape with you life. With the exception of Owen our main protagonists in the films are academics so I don't think I'd want the game to be largely combat based but consists of exploring, platforming, and escape sequences (hence the dash of Warrior Within with it's Dahaka encoutners) with the occasional puzzle and human-on-human combat. Human combat I feel would be best in small doses but be a bit cinematic (Uncharted: A Thief's End melee fights for example) and usually have the protagonist at a disadvantage i.e. no gun or lack of fighting skills compared to InGen security division personnel. Dino vs human combat would feel a bit silly and unfitting with the films (at least prior to World) so I think having these as scripted escape encounters would be best (NO GYMNASTIC BASED COMBAT PLZ).

...failing that I'd take a Disney Infinity style park creation game with lighthearted combat and a slightly cartoony feel (like the Lego game but with more creation aspects).

Dude sounds like a great idea! I agree with you: a Jurassic Park game in this style should be done as an exploring/platforming type of game. Imagine ominous hoots from an unseen animals as you creep through the jungle. . .
~ Titus 3: 11-13 ~                                                         
"Its ability to cause problems has certainly been confirmed!"
Known in other places as TheRexMan22!

(04-29-2017, 05:00 PM)antoniuscastor Wrote: The Isle is kind of turning in to my ideal JP game.

Also, I'd love a game similar to Jurassic Park: OG, but newer and better. It's been a dream of mine for a while.

...well your desire has been expressed, finally.  Big Grin

For me, the game with the highest potential was Trespassing. I played it and it's really good: it expands the universe in a clever and coherent way. Lots of information about InGen, I was really happy while playing it. 
I consider the best game, all considered, to be JPOG, as probably the majority of you. It was the right tipe of game for this franchise. Many hours spent building the perfect park, unlocking new fossil sites and so on. It was the perfect summary for Jurassic Park. 

Happy for the incoming game, though! Can't wait to see more about it. 
Probably in one year time, the comments of the users here will be a little bit different!  Big Grin
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
Now that we are finally getting a successor to Operation Genesis I want a successor to Trespasser.