Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas
(06-03-2016, 05:25 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: I wish we got to see the Brachiosaurus Paddock. Also, I wish we got a better representation of the outside of the old Visitors Center. I think that really missed the mark.

To say they rebuilt that whole interior set they really under-used it. It was far too dark to really see anything and before you know it they've made their way to the parking garage, which was cool but not as big as I would have expected.
(06-02-2016, 02:27 AM)Jack Wrote: The East Dock Sign.

And for me, the Velociraptors. They weren't frightening in the slightest in JW, they were just in your face. They weren't really a threat, and I know that was sort of the point with Owen training them, but there wasn't really one point in the film where I thought they felt like true raptors.

Yeah, whatever happened with that East Dock sign?  Confused

Owen's pack was, as much as I hate to say it, spoiled. They lived in a nice cage all their life, and only had contact with each other, Owen, and Barry. Beyond them, they never had to hunt on their own, never had to fight to survive, they weren't domesticated or tamed in any sense, but then again they weren't wild either. They were like a wolves that have been raised in a zoo. They CAN act on instinct, but they've never really had to.
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
- More of the park with the planned and later cut attractions like Pachy Arena, Pteranodon terrace , submarine ride (? - that one attraction with Plesiosaurus and Ichthyosaurus), gondola lift (now this one would've been amazing).

- More / better look at the old visitor center. - To me this one was probably the biggest missed opportunity. It's barely visible and too quick.

--

Think they changed the east dock sign into the research sign.
(06-05-2016, 02:11 PM)Agron Wrote: Think they changed the east dock sign into the research sign.

I think that's what happened, too. Because the East Dock wouldn't have made sense for where they were on the island geographically at that point, and the terrain when we see the Research sign matches the fallen foliage of the dock sign Colin tweeted.

(06-03-2016, 07:54 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 05:25 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: I wish we got to see the Brachiosaurus Paddock. Also, I wish we got a better representation of the outside of the old Visitors Center. I think that really missed the mark.

To say they rebuilt that whole interior set they really under-used it. It was far too dark to really see anything and before you know it they've made their way to the parking garage, which was cool but not as big as I would have expected.

Would really have loved a better look at the visitor center, and more of it as well. The first time I saw the movie and they went from the rotunda to the parking garage, I kept thinking "well, how did they get there?" and it took me out of the movie for the next few minutes while I tried to figure out the layout of the visitor center in my head. I think if they'd spent more time exploring that space, and taken advantage of the opportunity to show us other parts of the visitor center we haven't seen before and how they connect to the parts we're familiar with, I would have been more satisfied with that sequence.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Judging from concept art I think they planned to show more of it, specially the interior (that art where the boys are looking at the Innovation Center from a broken window inside the VC)
(06-05-2016, 04:00 AM)CT-1138 Wrote: Yeah, whatever happened with that East Dock sign?  Confused

(06-05-2016, 08:59 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: I think that's what happened, too. Because the East Dock wouldn't have made sense for where they were on the island geographically at that point, and the terrain when we see the Research sign matches the fallen foliage of the dock sign Colin tweeted.
I don't know, that wouldn't make sense to me. The sign Colin posted was lying on the ground and was covered in leaves. The sign in JW was clean and standing. And it was made for the JW park, why would they have had the old East Dock Sign there? They removed virtually everything from JP, apparently.

There must have been a scene planned where the kids stumbled upon it or something. I don't know, maybe geographically that doesn't make sense but I don't think they swapped it. If only Colin had replied to my tweet about it! Tongue

(06-05-2016, 08:59 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Would really have loved a better look at the visitor center, and more of it as well. The first time I saw the movie and they went from the rotunda to the parking garage, I kept thinking "well, how did they get there?" and it took me out of the movie for the next few minutes while I tried to figure out the layout of the visitor center in my head. I think if they'd spent more time exploring that space, and taken advantage of the opportunity to show us other parts of the visitor center we haven't seen before and how they connect to the parts we're familiar with, I would have been more satisfied with that sequence.
Same! I was so excited for that scene and I was honestly a little underwhelmed by it. I'm pretty sure most if not all fans share that same thought too. More time to reminisce.

(06-05-2016, 10:56 PM)Agron Wrote: Judging from concept art I think they planned to show more of it, specially the interior (that art where the boys are looking at the Innovation Center from a broken window inside the VC)
That concept art was beautiful.

[Image: jwconceptart0014.jpg]

[Image: PH2FFgcv0Spp56_1_l.jpg]

[Image: cveoa1npmmwdoo9f3zvv.jpg]

[Image: PH7hcOxpjyhJac_1_l.jpg]
Love that concept art. I'm still salty over the fact we never got a Making of Jurassic World or Art of Jurassic World book.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
(06-03-2016, 07:54 PM)Jack Wrote: To say they rebuilt that whole interior set they really under-used it. It was far too dark to really see anything and before you know it they've made their way to the parking garage, which was cool but not as big as I would have expected.

I agree it was very dark and I wish we got more, but at the same time I'm ok with what we got inside. Now that artwork looks much more incredible, but more often than not it does look better. I really wish we got that shot of the Innovation Center from inside the old Visitors Center. That would have been amazing.

Also, yea I had thought the garage was much bigger. Maybe there was a garage for working on vehicles (the one Zach & Gray stumbled upon) and another for storing the Explorers and other Jeeps. There must have been. I kinda always thought the big garage would be under the VC.
Continuity wise it didn't make sense that the Visitors Centre would be the only structure still remaining there. Where was the tour car track? Where was the scaffolding? Also the interior felt much smaller than in JP and not as overgrown with foliage as the concept art showed. A bit disappointing visually but a nice nod.
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
I agree with everyone that they should've taken fuller advantage of the completed park. The wide view after Gray opens the hotel doors was awesome - truly loved that moment. I also like the monorail and entrance through the JW gates just prior to the hotel scene, and I also liked the scene of the "safari" ride in the Gallimimus Valley. I wish they would've spent 10 more minutes showcasing the park...after all, that's what we've all been waiting for. I also would've liked to see more of the JP visitor center and other JP attractions, but I liked what we saw of the visitor center, so I'll keep my mouth shut.