Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas
Even though Jurassic World is my second favorite film in the series, it does has problems. I love how the raptors were portrayed not really trained but they weren't scary. The park attractions only had brief cameos, that is somewhat understandable due to the Indominus being the main focus but still a little disappointing. But really the main differance from Jurassic World than JP 1-3 is that it is more of an action movie than suspence. It's a good action movie however.
I've toyed with a few ideas in the past. If I was to change it with the bones of what we have then:

- We wouldn't rush to the island quickly, we would see news reports (although in the background of the scenes involving the family) of Masrani talking to reporters, dismissing rumors of dinosaurs on the mainland, perhaps a brief glimpse of a newspaper article or we hear a report on the car radio on the trip to the airport.
- The two people coming to the island are Martha Gutierrez (journalist and best friend of Claire) and Steven Hunt (Martha’s intern/assistant) as Claire has promised Martha an exlusive interview with Masrani regarding their latest attraction, however it is highlighted Martha wanted the interview to quiz Masrani on the rumours.
- The park would still be called Jurassic Park (thus putting more emphasis on "world" meaning our world, not the name of a theme park)
- There wouldn't be a hybrid but an attempt to "improve" the dinosaurs (like the novel) but it goes wrong
Or
- Introduce a new carnivore to the franchise such as Gigantosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus but have Masrani rush its cloning process through quicker than normal forcing Wu to fill in gaps in the DNA with more than one thing, explaining why it can camouflage and what have you. (Then when it causes chaos there can be a discussion between Masrani and Wu arguing: "It was you who wanted me to skip the necessary steps so you can unveil your latest attraction!"
- Tour of the new Park/see some new dinosaurs and also reference to the Rex being the original.
- No gyrospheres. A more authentic safari experience is present instead.
- More aquatic life & a shot of the Pterosaurs in their aviary prior their escape. We have more exotic Pterosaurs such as Dsungaripterus, Pterodustro and Q uetzalcoatlus.
- We see more of the old park
- Dilophosaurus in the old VC/nest in the old control room.
-Hamanda has a bigger role/Muldoon-like (eventually killed by Raptors)
- No dinoweapon sub-plot/No Hoskins the Disney villain. Hoskins is instead on the island to discuss with Masrani about the rumours of dinosaurs on the mainland and Masrani contracts Hoskins to deal with any possible sightings swiftly and quietly. During such a scene the bearded guy is Skyped into the conversation (thus not on the island when it all goes to hell).
- Masrani would blame himself for rushing Wu and thus leading to the creation of the threat to his Park and takes it upon himself to hunt it down (without a helicopter). I'd liken this to the scene in the JP novel where Muldoon and Gennaro go out and look for the Rex but instead Masrani and Hoskins. Masrani and Hoskins are ultimately killed by the threat.
- The aviary is breached and the Pterosaurs cause chaos as we’ve seen, plus the Pterosaur breach disrupt the transfer of a medium sized carnivore ( Let’s say a Carnotaur) which escapes and rampages down main street, killing Steve.
- The Raptor intelligence test is still present but ultimately it fails and they escape rather than be used to hunt the threat.
- No "he who rides with Raptors" scene, instead it's like the scene in TLW book in which Owen has to escape.
- The fight happens without the Raptor/Rex tag team, the Rex holds her own a bit better and instead of the Mosasaur leaping out, the threat is forced in the lagoon and just as it surfaces the Mosasaur does its thing.
- After we leave the park the final few shots of the film are shots of dinosaurs on the mainland.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Like most, I really wish we could have seen more of the park. Also I wanted ingen.
All 3 JP movies had a tragedy in the opening, this had a fake scare gag. They really should've had the Indominus killing the sibling as the opening.

Masrani was also a great character, we should've gotten more of him.
(07-30-2016, 03:55 PM)sdp Wrote: All 3 JP movies had a tragedy in the opening, this had a fake scare gag. They really should've had the Indominus killing the sibling as the opening.

Masrani was also a great character, we should've gotten more of him.
I do like the opening scene of JW but I agree, we should've seen the sibling's death.
Not having an inciting incident at the start was a strange move. Tracking back to reveal eggs wasn't very thrilling, as cool as it was. I preferred what they did with that shot in this TV Spot:

They could have hinted to the idea of the Indominus Rex killing the sibling. That would have been cool. They could have just shown Wu and Claire, whomever else as well, looking into the enclosure and talking about the new species without giving away much of anything. "How are they doing? Is the exhibit meeting their needs? Anything interesting to report?" Then, suddenly, we hear roars and the trees and bushes shake (Think JP 1 Raptor Pit during feeding) and they start yelling "Whats going on!? Whats happening" Some blood gets splattered again the window and they yell "She's killing the other one! Stop her! Get contaiment!" Then the characters just stare out the blood spattered window at the now calm foliage as a team of ACU employees run past them. *End Scene*
(08-01-2016, 05:45 PM)Spiegel Wrote: They could have hinted to the idea of the Indominus Rex killing the sibling. That would have been cool. They could have just shown Wu and Claire, whomever else as well, looking into the enclosure and talking about the new species without giving away much of anything.  "How are they doing? Is the exhibit meeting their needs? Anything interesting to report?" Then, suddenly, we hear roars and the trees and bushes shake (Think JP 1 Raptor Pit during feeding) and they start yelling "Whats going on!? Whats happening" Some blood gets splattered again the window and they yell "She's killing the other one! Stop her! Get contaiment!" Then the characters just stare out the blood spattered window at the now calm foliage as a team of ACU employees run past them. *End Scene*

This would've been dang cool. It would be mysterious, but also action-packed.
I was also a bit disappointed about the old VC scene. Especially from the ouside we only saw the door in the middle of a pure green wall of foilage.
Looked like ancient ruins in an Indiana Jones movie but not like a building being left in the jungle for 20 years...
The ouside of the VC was just way too overgrown and felt more like the production team just wanted to shoot the whole scene on stage (which they did) rather than recreate the set on Hawaii. So for me it seemed that they want to include an iconic JP construction but spare expenses...
A revisit of the old T-Rex paddock and the left Explorer would have also been very nice
(09-08-2016, 05:44 AM)tope1983 Wrote: I was also a bit disappointed about the old VC scene. Especially from the ouside we only saw the door in the middle of a pure green wall of foilage.
Looked like ancient ruins in an Indiana Jones movie but not like a building being left in the jungle for 20 years...
The ouside of the VC was just way too overgrown and felt more like the production team just wanted to shoot the whole scene on stage (which they did) rather than recreate the set on Hawaii. So for me it seemed that they want to include an iconic JP construction but spare expenses...
A revisit of the old T-Rex paddock and the left Explorer would have also been very nice

I'm still hoping for a pre-sequel sometime. You never know Wink Jurassic Park: The Masrani Cleanup. Big Grin
They should all be destroyed. —R. Muldoon

[Image: full.png]