Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jurassic World Missed Opportunities & Fan Ideas
Would have loved to see more of the old park, maybe even a glimpse of the Explorers.

I also wanted a rainy night sequence, I love those.
I really hate saying this because Colin Trevorrow seems to be a really nice genuine person who really wanted to please the fans as much as posible but... I had never had an experience in a film where I was so dissapointed by so many things in a film like Jurassic World... Where to start with the missed opportunities?

Should have had a full Rex Spino rematch to correct JP3 establishing that Spinos always humilliate Rexes instead of the Skeleton smash.
Should have never had Rexy nearly killed in the fight with I Rex establishing Rexes always have trouble with other therapods.
Should have never had Blue save her or having Mosasaurus finish I Rex it is very anti climatic and unsatisfying.
Should have never been yet another movie about trying to one up the T Rex (that´s what many hated from JP3)
Should have never brought hybrids to the franchise they make the real dinosaurs look bad and take the focus away from them
Should have never had the ´´people are not impressed with dinos anymore´´. People still love Lions and Tigers after centuries.
Should have had more time in the actual locations where the scenes of the first movie in addition to the visitors center.
Shouldn´t have had such a cartoony villian. Way too cliché.
Should have some tensión in the movie, I never felt any tensión whatsoever in any scene no matter what.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
More colorful dinos, for crap's sake. (Not really that mad.) I mean, I'm getting a little tired of the standard brown-grey coloration. On the Jurassic World website you see Baryonyxes with this really nice, stripy design. That's what I wanted to see more of.

Also, would have been nice to include the Pachy arena.

And finally, more Visitor Centre, please. That'll be all ...
If there's anything I was disappointed with in JW it's that we didn't get to see anything in the context of the poster that was released before the film. The poster that had a Raptor on top of the destroyed Explorer with the new park in the background. It made it seem like the park had unknown Dinosaurs still roaming free in the old section of the park, which I thought was quite interesting.

(03-17-2017, 07:44 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote: I really hate saying this because Colin Trevorrow seems to be a really nice genuine person who really wanted to please the fans as much as posible but... I had never had an experience in a film where I was so dissapointed by so many things in a film like Jurassic World... Where to start with the missed opportunities?

Should have had a full Rex Spino rematch to correct JP3 establishing that Spinos always humilliate Rexes instead of the Skeleton smash.
Should have never had Rexy nearly killed in the fight with I Rex establishing Rexes always have trouble with other therapods.
Should have never had Blue save her or having Mosasaurus finish I Rex it is very anti climatic and unsatisfying.
Should have never been yet another movie about trying to one up the T Rex (that´s what many hated from JP3)
Should have never brought hybrids to the franchise they make the real dinosaurs look bad and take the focus away from them
Should have never had the ´´people are not impressed with dinos anymore´´. People still love Lions and Tigers after centuries.
Should have had more time in the actual locations where the scenes of the first movie in addition to the visitors center.
Should have some tensión in the movie, I never felt any tensión whatsoever in any scene no matter what.

A T-Rex vs Spinosaurus rematch just sounds too forced to me.
(03-17-2017, 07:44 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote: I really hate saying this because Colin Trevorrow seems to be a really nice genuine person who really wanted to please the fans as much as posible but... I had never had an experience in a film where I was so dissapointed by so many things in a film like Jurassic World... Where to start with the missed opportunities?

You love your rematch
Technically, all of the dinosaurs of the franchise are hybrids. Wu: Nothing in Jurassic World is natural!
People still love to kill Lion and Tigers after centuries
Hoskins had to cartoony to be believe Raptors and hybrids could be weapons.
JW had some tension but not much. Kids probably got nervous in some scenes though.
I felt tension during the Indominus escape scene. ;o
~ Titus 3: 11-13 ~                                                         
"Its ability to cause problems has certainly been confirmed!"
Known in other places as TheRexMan22!

I think Collin Trevorrow made a few mistakes

Dino's that should have been added in to JW:
1. Brachiosaurus a majestic popular dinosaur for any movie that has dinosaurs in it.
2. Compsognathus for a few interesting things like them escaping their holding pen and attacking guests in a hotel
3. Dilophosaurus attacking ACU members while they try to contain the Indominus Rex
4. Parasuarlophus chase scene similar to the Galimimus chase scene in JP where the kids see the Indominus Rex kill one and then chases them through the jungle.
5. Metricanthosaurus in a holding pen (due to the fact it was teased in the scene where Dennis Nedry was stealing dinosuar DNA)

Locations that could have popped up in JW:
1. The abandon Ford Cruiser out side of the old T-Rex paddock.
2. The crashed Jeep that Dennis Nedry killed in.
3. The old Raptor Paddock where the kids hide in from the Indominus Rex.
4. The visitor shelter where Malcolm, Saddler, Hammond, and Muldon were located in when Arnold went to restore power.
5. The DNA Tour / where Malcolm gave his speech about how life finds a way to survive.

Colin Trevorrow really missed key opportunities with JW.
Colin wanted to focus on new locations than the old ones. Maybe he wanted to save them for JW:FK?
(08-24-2017, 11:13 AM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Colin wanted to focus on new locations than the old ones. Maybe he wanted to save them for JW:FK?

At least one seemed confirmed, as we've all seen the Jeep 04 pics last month.

As I always say, the biggest opportunity lost by JW is a correct version of the dinosaurs. By "correct" I mean as close as possible to the accepted models. Paleontology is extremely dynamic, every year new species and new hypotheses about old taxa are announced and proposed. It's impossibile to depict a dinosaur in a correct way. However, the tail-dragging Stegosaurus and Triceratops could have been avoided. The Lost World was much more reliable on this respect. 

...feathers anyone?  Big Grin No, I am joking, I know they decided no feathers to be... loyal to Jurassic Park. It's however, a little bit of shame that, given the impact that such movies have on the collective imagination of people, they still stick by this old representation of Maniraptora&co. I mean its old, ancient we should say, as it's almost a 50 years old idea...
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
The whole Stegosaurus tail-dragging didn't bother me as maybe InGen just added more animal DNA into the dinosaur.

For me Paleontology accuracy in these films isn't all that important as these dinosaurs are bioengineered