Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCRAPPED - Jurassic Park Animated Series
Hey Guys, my name is Chris - I have a YouTube channel called 'ChrisCrossMedia'...and today I am starting a new series that I've been wanting to do - for a very long time...called "Scrapped". It's a show where I give you the history, current status and possible future of various products, movies, tv shows, places, toys and games...that were...unfortunately...scrapped!

And today I talk about the mysterious and unfortunately never released JURASSIC PARK ANIMATED series, in honor of Jurassic June!

Would love to know the thoughts from the JP community on the video itself and discuss what "could-have" been for the series! Thanks again...HUGE fan of the guys behind the site!

Video HERE
(06-02-2016, 02:18 AM)ChrisCross Wrote: Hey Guys, my name is Chris - I have a YouTube channel called 'ChrisCrossMedia'...and today I’m starting a new series that I’ve been wanting to do - for a very long time…called “Scrapped”. It’s a show where I give you the history, current status, and possible future of various products, movies, tv shows, places, toys and games…that were…unfortunately…scrapped!

And today I talk about the mysterious and unfortunately never released JURASSIC PARK ANIMATED series, in honor of Jurassic June! 

Would love to know the thoughts from the JP community on the video itself and discuss what "could-have" been for the series! Thanks again...HUGE fan of the guys behind this site!

Video HERE

Welcome to the forum Chris! I watched your video before, love it! It's amazing to think we came close to something this cool. Wasn't the story that Spielberg didn't want to look at any more Jurassic marketing so passed on the concept?
YEAH! Apparently, he didn't even bother to look at it because he just was burnt on the over-branding...but this would have been great!! He pulled the "anti-George Lucas"!!!
"Life-a, finds a way..." 
I'm that guy on YouTube that doesn't shut up about Jurassic Park, Disney and Pirates! 
If that concept trailer still exists, someone should try showing it to him again, or at least send it along to Trevorrow or Frank Marshall. A Jurassic Park/World animated series like the one described would be awesome.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
I've heard the trailer still exists... I mean, there's likely multiple people out there with a copy too. Hopefully someone reveals it!
There is a trailer. I did everything I could to try and get a copy or at least see it. No go. I really really tried. I know of at least one copy that is out there. I am sure there are a few more. It kills me to not know what exactly the trailer had in it!
I've heard of a copy out there too. Really would love to see it. Maybe one day!
William (last name redacted) has one. You didn't hear it from me. I can say that flat out asking him and even having a professional relationship has not yielded the trailer. I don't want to get my friend who has worked with him in trouble so I shall say no more. It's shame no one who had has seen or owns a copy will share.
(06-12-2016, 11:24 PM)Anonymous Wrote: William (last name redacted) has one. You didn't hear it from me. I can say that flat out asking him and even having a professional relationship has not yielded the trailer. I don't want to get my friend who has worked with him in trouble so I shall say no more. It's shame no one who had has seen or owns a copy will share.

I wonder if they're under a legal NDA to not share it. If so, nothing short of permission from Universal itself will get it released, unless it should happen to leak somehow.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
(06-13-2016, 03:37 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 11:24 PM)Anonymous Wrote: William (last name redacted) has one. You didn't hear it from me. I can say that flat out asking him and even having a professional relationship has not yielded the trailer. I don't want to get my friend who has worked with him in trouble so I shall say no more. It's shame no one who had has seen or owns a copy will share.

I wonder if they're under a legal NDA to not share it. If so, nothing short of permission from Universal itself will get it released, unless it should happen to leak somehow.

No NDA to my knowledge. That was my working theory prior to asking. I believe those who have it don't want to share if in fear of Universal retaliating although it has been so long and Universal Cartoon Studios does not even exist anymore and the series was scrapped long ago. I just don't get how it would hurt any IP or story elements of Jurassic.

I wish others luck in trying to get the trailer released. At this point there are probably only half a dozen or so people that even know of or remember that series since it has been so many years... It'll be like looking for a needle in 10,000 hay stacks.