Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST EVER Jurassic Park Collectors Guide to be Published Dec 2016 [HELP WANTED]
Good Evening

My name is TLW4ever and I am pleased to post here on JO Forums that the publication of the 1st Ever Jurassic Park Collectors Guide is set to be released to Bookstores across the U.S. and Canada tentatively through Krause Publications Inc in Wisconsin in December 2016 *cue screaming*

This will serve as a price guide as well as a complete and unabridged visual to any and all Jurassic Park collectables and memorabilia ever produced and it will be the First Volume to ever be sold in stores anywhere...ever.

While myself and my team have worked tirelessly the past three years to make this Guide a reality we still have unfinished work to do in making this First ever Collectors Guide available to the public we are still not completely satisfied with the volume of photos we have accrued the past three years from volunteers all over the internet. We know that JP Collectors take great pride in their collections and in the online albums that they produce and how hard they work to make their collections a reality. That being said, We need the JP Community's Help! 

We are currently looking for any clear, front facing, non glared photos anyone can provide us of individual pieces of memorabilia and collectables in their collection that they would be interested in donating to and seeing in our first ever Jurassic Park Collector's Guide. Currently, we have all Kenner and Hasbro Toys and collectables catalogued in our database, we are looking for odd, unique, rare collectables and memorabilia that you have in your possession that you feel would make a great addition to the Guide. 

Understandably, many collectors inquire about a compensation for their photos of their collection. While there is some profit to be had with this book, this Guide is intended to be published for nonprofit purposes. While many JP Fan(atics) got to grow up with Quetzalcoatlus and Allosaurus battle damage action figures and BK DinoEye watches around our wrists (myself included), many young collectors did not and have no idea what collectables are even out there from the late 90's and early 2000's. This Guide aims to be a bridge between a time before internet stock photos and modern memorabilia. Your photos of your Collections would help with our intention of creating there first ever published Complete and Unabridged Collectors Guide to Jurassic Park...

With this nonprofit initiative in mind we intend, with your help, not only to acknowledge you in our Contributors section of the Guide Book but ALSO we will donate 25 cents for every viable photo donated pertinent to the Guide to the Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Childrens' Center in NY. (penndixie.org) to help fund today's kids further their passion for dinosaurs and the prehistoric world as a whole..

So not only will your photos of your collections unveil a whole world of Jurassic Collectables previously unknown to both young collectors born after the 90's and new collectors alike, you will also be publicly acknowledged in the Contributions section of the book, your webside/blog/youtube channel will also be promoted (if you have one) AND every photo you donate will be matched with a 25 cent Contribution to a children's paleontological center to further their dinosaur passions for future generations. 

PLEASE if you are interested in seeing your collection be a part of a groundbreaking-first ever publication on all things Jurassic Park that furthers children's passion for JP and Dinos, please submit photos of your collection, along with your name and hometown, to jpcollectorssubmission@gmail.com 

Thank you all SO MUCH and I look forward to seeing all the JP Treasures that reside in your personal Collections-
-TLW4ever
~Thank God for Site B
It's a physical book that has to be ready for publication this December (2016), but it's not finished? Good luck with that, I can't imagine it being ready by then if it has to be printed and distributed between now and the end of the year. If you want it to be perfect, you might want to postpone the date of publication.

This question/ inquisitive criticism aside; head over to http://www.jptoys.com if you haven't done so already. It's the biggest online database of collectibles and there are many fans there with extensive collections; many of them have rare items of which they might be willing to share photographs.

I do hope you succeed, I don't believe there's a guide specifically for Jurassic Park collectibles.
We're very familiar with JPToys, and have been in contact with them for a couple years now, but since much of their own database is provided by the photos of those who have also volunteered, they are not at liberty to distribute what has been donated to them already. Because of the overwhelming task it would be to contact everyone who as ever donated a picture to JPT, we decided to decline and plausible route JPT could offer us. That being said, even if JPT could offer assistance the way JPT's collectables are photographed aren't the format that we need. 

On a different note we actually are 95% don't with the book, we simply wanted to give the JP Community a chance to not only exhibit their own rare treasures that we may have missed in our search to make a complete and unabridged guide but also help our fundraiser of donating to the Children's Paleontological Education Center; with us matching 25 cents per viable photo donated that we can use. While we are proud of the strides we have made in an uncompromising compilation of collectables, we acknowledge the fact that there is always something that is missed in every collectors guide no matter the franchise. We aim to reduce the amount of volumes we need to publish by reaching out to the JP Community and asking them to donate a photo of any item they think might be rare and then offering an incentive to donate by acknowledgement and by us matching their contribution by donating to the Education Center. 

Thank you Neelis for your inquiry!
-cheers
~Thank God for Site B
(11-29-2016, 09:50 PM)TLW4ever Wrote: We're very familiar with JPToys, and have been in contact with them for a couple years now, but since much of their own database is provided by the photos of those who have also volunteered, they are not at liberty to distribute what has been donated to them already. Because of the overwhelming task it would be to contact everyone who as ever donated a picture to JPT, we decided to decline and plausible route JPT could offer us. That being said, even if JPT could offer assistance the way JPT's collectables are photographed aren't the format that we need. 

On a different note we actually are 95% don't with the book, we simply wanted to give the JP Community a chance to not only exhibit their own rare treasures that we may have missed in our search to make a complete and unabridged guide but also help our fundraiser of donating to the Children's Paleontological Education Center; with us matching 25 cents per viable photo donated that we can use. While we are proud of the strides we have made in an uncompromising compilation of collectables, we acknowledge the fact that there is always something that is missed in every collectors guide no matter the franchise. We aim to reduce the amount of volumes we need to publish by reaching out to the JP Community and asking them to donate a photo of any item they think might be rare and then offering an incentive to donate by acknowledgement and by us matching their contribution by donating to the Education Center. 

Thank you Neelis for your inquiry!
-cheers

Thanks for the reply! I just noticed I came across as a little rude in my original post, that was not my intention. I was genuinely wondering if you'd be able to make it on such short notice. It seems you are going to succeed. And very nice you have a charity in mind to donate some of the profit to! Smile 

Too bad JPToys can't simply let you have their images (I understand why); posting your request on the forum might help, there's many fans who no doubt are willing to take images of the items you're missing photographs of.

It would help if you could post a list of items you still need images of. That would make it easy for people to quickly assess if they are in possession of any of those items.
Oh Neelis no worries mate! Even if you were, we're used to the nay sayers that said it couldn't be done haha. It is a shame but its ok because we've found other collaborators and bloggers who were even more paramount to the success of putting this Guide together. We actually have been working closely with a number of forums' members and incorporating their collection pieces. Unfortunately though as far as a list goes, we actually don't know what we need because even as we wrap this project up we are still every day finding new rare items that we life-long collectors didn't even know existed. And we're veteran collectors. So as much as we'd like to put out a list of what we need we are finding that we don't entirely know what we still need. We know what we don't need; the kenner hasbro toys, model kits, hand puppets, eggs, kooshballs, etc. but we don't know what rare items we still need because we don't want to give forum members the wrong impression that we don't need something of theirs that we didnt even know existed. Does that kinda make sense?
~Thank God for Site B
Oh, yes, the original toy lines are well documented. Most information on those is easy to find. As for other items; you'll (sadly) probably never be able to cover it all, because there are so many (obscure) objects - from paper cups to watches to masks to underwear to... well, you name it. And different countries had different collectibles and products too! I recall Belgium juice cartons with the Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus on them - we found them while on holiday there in 1993. We cut them open after drinking the juice and rinsed them, to bring them home as collectibles. I'm not sure if I still have those; I do have two The Lost World: Jurassic Park cans that contained a drink (much like Redbull, it probably tasted awful).

Even now, original Jurassic Park merchandise no one in the community had ever seen or heard of before pops up occasionally. Might make a nice challenge for a second volume!
This sounds like a fantastic project, and we'll be sure to cover it on the Outpost when you have the book ready for release.

For photos of rarer items, I'd ask Anonymous - he may be able to help!
(12-01-2016, 07:10 PM)Jack Wrote: This sounds like a fantastic project, and we'll be sure to cover it on the Outpost when you have the book ready for release.

For photos of rarer items, I'd ask Anonymous - he may be able to help!

Jack, THANK YOU very much for your's and Jurassic Outpost's support!!! This will be a nationwide publication and we would most certainly be grateful for any publicity we can get for it. This book is much overdue and JP Community deserves a Collector's Guide - my team and I are proud to heed the calling and deliver a much overdue and much deserving Collector's Guide to a community that is so passionate about this franchise that we love so dearly-
Thanks for letting us reach out to the fan base on here-
-Tim
~Thank God for Site B