Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in JW2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow
Hello everybody, this is the link to the T Rex VS Spinosaurus rematch petition that was noted by Colin Trevorrow himself and it kind of went viral with some websites writing articles about it. But since that is no guarantee of anything. We ask for everyone´s help in liking and sharing our petition anywhere you can so that we can let everyone know this is a much bigger issue than Universal thinks it is.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/

We would also like for everyone to read why the fanbase has asked for a rematch since 2001 and why Universal can not simply continue to ignore it and hope the fanbase forgets about it. The best way to solve things is by directly confronting them.

One of the main reasons why we need a T Rex taking down a Spinosaurus, is because the series has yet to proove that a T Rex can take down a Spinosaurus. We waited 14 years for the rematch and Jurassic World instead gives us a Hybrid Rex once again humilliating a T Rex only to be saved by a Raptor and Mosasaurus. so not a satisfying Rex Redemption at all. Not to mention them thinking they ´´solved´´ the issue by having a Rex smash a Spino skeleton is like Pacquiao breaking a picture of Mayweather and claiming he had revenge.

And let´s not even enter the scientific issues about how a T Rex bite forcé is much stronger than a Spino´s

An iconic series can not establish it´s icon is the greatest in one film. ,make it the most nostalgic memory of many fans childhood and humilliate it in the next like nothing without giving it proper revenge. Fans need the canon of the films to clearly establsh that not always the Spinosaurus species will take down T Rexes with ease, making the status quo of the series like it was prior to JP3 . So please. help us with this cause to gain even more momentum.

Thank you to all in advance.
More power to you, but I wouldn't really want this. They kind of addressed it already in Jurassic World with the skeleton.
Yeah, I'm OK with them not going that route. You sound pretty passionate about it, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it as being very important at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another Spinosaurus in the franchise.
To be honest, this is the last thing JP fans should want, and in my opinion - is this really that big of a deal? Considering what little we know about JW2, we should be hopeful for a great sequel and one that takes the franchise back to its roots, rather than nitpick about a poor choice that was made 15 years ago.
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
(06-02-2016, 05:28 AM)Victoria Wrote: Yeah, I'm OK with them not going that route. You sound pretty passionate about it, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it as being very important at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another Spinosaurus in the franchise.

I'm in agreement with Victoria here. I respect your passion, but honestly I do not see a point (plot or otherwise) for a rematch.
(06-02-2016, 02:59 AM)jobalexang Wrote: More power to you, but I wouldn't really want this. They kind of addressed it already in Jurassic World with the skeleton.

Thats exactly our point. The fans want to see a T Rex proove it can defeat a Spino by itself.

Having a T Rex smash a skeleton does not do that. It´s like one bóxer claiming he defeated his rival by smashing a statue of his oponent.

To me it felt like a very low blow, waiting 14 years for the fight only to get a symbolic nod wich does not solve the issue.

(06-02-2016, 05:55 AM)Aegyptiacus3 Wrote: To be honest, this is the last thing JP fans should want, and in my opinion - is this really that big of a deal? Considering what little we know about JW2, we should be hopeful for a great sequel and one that takes the franchise back to its roots, rather than nitpick about a poor choice that was made 15 years ago.

Many more fans than you think want this, in fact it was a huge controversy back in 2001 and it still is. Because anytime a franchise humilliates the childhood icon of millions it wil créate a huge backlash. It´s like telling Star Wars fans Luke Skywalker will be humilliated like yesterday´s news, Star Wars fans will riot.

And even today there is still a sgnificant amout of people who would love to see a Rex taking down a Spino. The thing is some Jurassic fórums have banned the topic alltogether wich is why it does not seem like that many fans would like to see a rematch when many actually do.

(06-02-2016, 08:10 AM)Anonymous Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 05:28 AM)Victoria Wrote: Yeah, I'm OK with them not going that route. You sound pretty passionate about it, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it as being very important at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another Spinosaurus in the franchise.

I'm in agreement with Victoria here. I respect your passion, but honestly I do not see a point (plot or otherwise) for a rematch.

One can always come up with a plot point for a rematch. If not then a simple scene of them fighting would not hurt or take anything away from the rest of the film. After all it is only about a 2 minute scene in a 2 hour film.

By the way I want to thank you guys for at leas being understanding and respectful with our cause. We are prooving that we can talk about this topic in a respectful manner.
(06-02-2016, 12:46 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: Many more fans than you think want this, in fact it was a huge controversy back in 2001 and it still is. Because anytime a franchise humilliates the childhood icon of millions it wil créate a huge backlash. It´s like telling Star Wars fans Luke Skywalker will be humilliated like yesterday´s news, Star Wars fans will riot.
And even today there is still a sgnificant amout of people who would love to see a Rex taking down a Spino. The thing is some Jurassic fórums have banned the topic alltogether wich is why it does not seem like that many fans would like to see a rematch when many actually do.

I think there's a reason why the topic is banned on many forums, it's because it just goes nowhere. It's an endless argument. People need to learn to just let it go... It's a thing of the past. Doing this will only create more endless arguments.
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
I just don't think we really need the rehash. We've already seen it and don't need to prove the strength of the Rex. Here's the thing, we've seen 5 T-Rex in the series. One Rex lost a battle, so what? I would petition if the original Rex from JP and also featured in JW lost a battle. That would be sacrilege, but a random Rex from JP3 that we probably never saw before, ehhh not too big a deal. Just because one Rex lost, doesn't mean as a species it is weak. I say move on, it was acknowledged in JW. I'd rather see new stuff from here on out.
(06-02-2016, 01:15 PM)Aegyptiacus3 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 12:46 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: Many more fans than you think want this, in fact it was a huge controversy back in 2001 and it still is. Because anytime a franchise humilliates the childhood icon of millions it wil créate a huge backlash. It´s like telling Star Wars fans Luke Skywalker will be humilliated like yesterday´s news, Star Wars fans will riot.

I think there's a reason why the topic is banned on many forums, it's because it just goes nowhere. It's an endless argument. People need to learn to just let it go... It's a thing of the past. Doing this will only create more endless arguments.

Endless arguments will always happen on fórums on any topic. From what I´ve seen the few fórums that ban the topic is usually because the 4 or 5 mods are against the idea of a rematch. So the fans are shamed if they talk about it. But many Deep down would like to see it.

Also remember just because something was long ago does not make it any less of a terrible decisión. In fact it is not fans fault, we are only reacting to a very por decisión.

(06-02-2016, 01:34 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: I just don't think we really need the rehash. We've already seen it and don't need to prove the strength of the Rex. Here's the thing, we've seen 5 T-Rex in the series. One Rex lost a battle, so what? I would petition if the original Rex from JP and also featured in JW lost a battle. That would be sacrilege, but a random Rex from JP3 that we probably never saw before, ehhh not too big a deal. Just because one Rex lost, doesn't mean as a species it is weak. I say move on, it was acknowledged in JW. I'd rather see new stuff from here on out.

It would not be a rehash. T Rex lost against the Spino in JP3 and lost again to the Indominus Rex in Jurassic World (would have been killed if not for the miracle of Blue and Mosasaurus saving it). So the series has not prooven that the Rex can take down a huge therapod by itself.

And it is the T Rex species in general that´s the icon of the series not just the original one. Their goal in JP3 was to proove that the Spino species is much stronger and deadly tan the Rex species. We need to correct that in the canon of the series otherwise we will forever have to live with the retcon that now Spinos are deadlier in the JP series canon. That´s why it´s a huge deal.

By the way, we can have new things while also having the rematch, that way everybodys happy.
I feel like the point of the battle in Jurassic World was how there's this freak creation, and nature-- the real dinosaurs--  rejected it. I don't think the T-rex "lost" so much that it was a cumulative effort of "normal" dinosaurs. I realize the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park/World aren't scientifically accurate and are created for show, but creatures like the Tyrannosaur and velociraptors did exist (but different!) whereas the Indominus did not, and the Tyrannosaur wasn't ever going to take the thing down solo. The climax ended with the Rex assisting in pushing it toward the Mosasaur tank for the kill shot, so I don't really see it as a loss, per se.

As far as a Rex and Spino rematch, eh. It wouldn't be the same Rex (it died) or the same Spino and we've already seen that, as well as a superior dino battle in Jurassic World. It wouldn't really exist beyond fan pandering, and that's really the last thing this series needs to do IMO. Jurassic World largely worked for me because it had original ideas never seen before in the series, and I want them to keep taking risks rather than backpedaling to satiate the select few who would actually care if this happened.

That's not to say people can't feel that way, it's fine, we all have our desires. That's just why it's not something that I personally feel would be necessary.

edit: and the Rex destroying the Spino skeleton on its way to Indominus was enough for me :p