Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encylopedia Recruitment Thread
Exclamation 
Greetings Explorers!

By now I hope you've had time to peruse the Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia! We're very proud of what we've created so far, but as you can probably tell there's a lot of work to still do!

We're looking for Researchers and Writers to take up the mantle and help fill up the Encyclopedia with interesting and accurate content. So if your a fan of Jurassic Park, and you know your stuff, drop up us a line below, or alternately send an email to encyclopedia@jurassicoutpost.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero
I'd be willing to help out.
I can probably help in my spare time. I used to write for a gaming website so I have some experience writing for websites.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
I will be happy to volunteer. I too have done some previous writing for another Encyclopaedia/Wiki
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
I'm a huge fan of Jurassic Park (with a 2.75 gb folder of JP related material on my computer) and a professional writer by trade, even having some of my work published in a few newspapers.. I'd be more than willing to help out as a fact checker (which I've interned as), and a Grammar Nazi if you'll have me.
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
Thanks for the interest guys! If you could each PM me a short writing sample, JP related, but pick any subject you'd like, then we can get things moving!
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero
(06-05-2016, 06:37 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote: Thanks for the interest guys! If you could each PM me a short writing sample, JP related, but pick any subject you'd like, then we can get things moving!

Sent
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Wikipedia works for a reason, this needs to be an open encyclopedia. The trolls argument is a weak one since edits can be seen and reverted and articles can be locked down when necessary. For every example of an wiki gone wrong you have more where you can see it was the best way to go.
(07-21-2016, 01:23 AM)sdp Wrote: Wikipedia works for a reason, this needs to be an open encyclopedia. The trolls argument is a weak one since edits can be seen and reverted and articles can be locked down when necessary. For every example of an wiki gone wrong you have more where you can see it was the best way to go.

I doubt the Admins want to shift all of their hard work and files to a new content management system and from what I understand Jack has said that the Wiki interface did not allow for all the cool stuff they wanted to do, so they found a great alternative.

Also, what "troll argument" are you speaking of? I've read through the comments here and can't find anything.

Not trying be be a jerk, but I'm not sure how a Wiki is definitely better here based on what you said.