Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I definitely like the new colour scheme of the new website and forum. With that being said they should both be responsive (mobile friendly). I understand you have a plugin for the forum but it would be more beneficial for both the website and forum to use a framework such as Bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/.

Being that you use WordPress this would take more time to implement but again it would be more beneficial to you and your users. It would improve your SEO and would ensure your content is accessible to more people on more devices.

Nonetheless keep up the good work.
(06-13-2016, 05:42 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: I definitely like the new colour scheme of the new website and forum.  With that being said they should both be responsive (mobile friendly).  I understand you have a plugin for the forum but it would be more beneficial for both the website and forum to use a framework such as Bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/.

Being that you use WordPress this would take more time to implement but again it would be more beneficial to you and your users.  It would improve your SEO and would ensure your content is accessible to more people on more devices.

Nonetheless keep up the good work.

Mobile Integration is something we're definitely going to look at in the next phase of development. But I don't think we'll be seeing it until after the summer.

You wouldn't be John Niccoli of Jurassic Park: Crysis fame perchance would you...?
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero
(06-13-2016, 09:53 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote: Mobile Integration is something we're definitely going to look at in the next phase of development. But I don't think we'll be seeing it until after the summer.

You wouldn't be John Niccoli of Jurassic Park: Crysis fame perchance would you...?

Yup that would be me.  Definitely no fame behind that though lol.  Worked with some good people but ultimately shut down because of what came out of a conversation with NBC Universal.
I remember that. What happened, if you're allowed to talk about it?
(06-14-2016, 01:36 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 09:53 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote: Mobile Integration is something we're definitely going to look at in the next phase of development. But I don't think we'll be seeing it until after the summer.

Yup that would be me.  Definitely no fame behind that though lol.  Worked with some good people but ultimately shut down because of what came out of a conversation with NBC Universal.

I remember it fondly man, it's me, Alex from the team!  Wink
(06-14-2016, 09:55 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 01:36 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: Yup that would be me.  Definitely no fame behind that though lol.  Worked with some good people but ultimately shut down because of what came out of a conversation with NBC Universal.

The Alex Evans?  The Alex that has insane building/structure modelling skills?  It has been a long time since the mod and other project lol, every once and a while I think back to the amazing work you did.

(06-14-2016, 09:01 PM)Jack Wrote: I remember that. What happened, if you're allowed to talk about it?

If I remember correctly at one point we decided we wanted to do things right. We understood that fan made Jurassic Park projects never really see the light of day (legally) due to licensing issues. We thought we would be proactive and contact NBC Universal to discuss our options. So one day I emailed NBC and set-up a quick meeting with the appropriate person who could discuss licensing etc. Turns out our only option was to get the license which was 6 or 7 figures I believe, I wasn't told an exact number. The person I spoke with hinted towards a Jurassic Park project being worked on, at least that is what I thought from the information I was provided. I want to say it was the Telltale game as the timeline somewhat matches if it was in early development/discussion.
(06-15-2016, 12:50 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 09:55 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 01:36 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: Yup that would be me.  Definitely no fame behind that though lol.  Worked with some good people but ultimately shut down because of what came out of a conversation with NBC Universal.

The Alex Evans?  The Alex that has insane building/structure modelling skills?  It has been a long time since the mod and other project lol, every once and a while I think back to the amazing work you did.

The one and only! It's good to hear from you man! It's been so long! And thanks so much! I still dabble these days... Currently teaching myself Substance Painter.  Wink How've you been anyway?
(06-15-2016, 12:50 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: If I remember correctly at one point we decided we wanted to do things right.  We understood that fan made Jurassic Park projects never really see the light of day (legally) due to licensing issues.  We thought we would be proactive and contact NBC Universal to discuss our options.  So one day I emailed NBC and set-up a quick meeting with the appropriate person who could discuss licensing etc.  Turns out our only option was to get the license which was 6 or 7 figures I believe, I wasn't told an exact number.  The person I spoke with hinted towards a Jurassic Park project being worked on, at least that is what I thought from the information I was provided.  I want to say it was the Telltale game as the timeline somewhat matches if it was in early development/discussion.

You made the right choice to look more into it. All of that work would be wasted if you were nearly finished and then Universal shut it down. But it really is just a shame that they don't embrace this kind of thing, and more importantly that they don't see from all of the indie games and mods, that this is what people want. Not the Telltale game.
(06-15-2016, 10:12 PM)Part Time Hero Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 12:50 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: The Alex Evans?  The Alex that has insane building/structure modelling skills?  It has been a long time since the mod and other project lol, every once and a while I think back to the amazing work you did.

The one and only! It's good to hear from you man! It's been so long! And thanks so much! I still dabble these days... Currently teaching myself Substance Painter.  Wink How've you been anyway?

Happy to hear and yes keep at it, learn new stuff.  Don't lose those skills.  I still do a little 3D and 2D stuff here and there but nothing much.  Just keeping myself busy with 3 jobs lol.

(06-15-2016, 10:29 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 12:50 PM)Fugitmdup Wrote: If I remember correctly at one point we decided we wanted to do things right.  We understood that fan made Jurassic Park projects never really see the light of day (legally) due to licensing issues.  We thought we would be proactive and contact NBC Universal to discuss our options.  So one day I emailed NBC and set-up a quick meeting with the appropriate person who could discuss licensing etc.  Turns out our only option was to get the license which was 6 or 7 figures I believe, I wasn't told an exact number.  The person I spoke with hinted towards a Jurassic Park project being worked on, at least that is what I thought from the information I was provided.  I want to say it was the Telltale game as the timeline somewhat matches if it was in early development/discussion.

You made the right choice to look more into it. All of that work would be wasted if you were nearly finished and then Universal shut it down. But it really is just a shame that they don't embrace this kind of thing, and more importantly that they don't see from all of the indie games and mods, that this is what people want. Not the Telltale game.

Yeah definitely wouldn't want to spend all that time for it to be shut down, would have been a good learning experience though i guess. Would be nice to have a free roam Jurassic Park game of sorts with primary and secondary type missions that follow one of the 4 films.
Great up date on the site guys i love it