Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rare/Behind the Scenes photos
I thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to sharing our favorite behind-the-scenes pics or rarely-seen set photos from the Jurassic franchise. Here are a few of my favorites to get started:

[Image: tumblr_mzi56g1rZr1rce5tlo3_1280.jpg]
Stan Winston with the brachiosaurus animatronic

[Image: tumblr_mk19d20Ni71rsiohpo1_500.jpg]
Spielberg directing young Joseph Mazzello

[Image: tumblr_nqja718llO1rsiohpo7_1280.jpg]
Ariana Richards rehearsing her stunt

[Image: tumblr_n3138wPjXg1rsiohpo1_1280.jpg]
The cast reading through their lines

[Image: tumblr_mklocvBnQa1rsiohpo1_1280.jpg]
John Rosengrant wearing his raptor pants for JP3

Everyone feel free to add more!
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Love these shots so much
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
Love the shot of Spielberg on the floor with Tim, and the first picture of Stan with his Brachio.

Some choice shots from our 'About JP' page:

[Image: jpabout7.jpg]

[Image: jpabout4.jpg]

And this one is cool!

[Image: jurassic-park-behind-the-scenes-29.jpg]
The Behind the Gates Facebook page has a HUGE collection of franchise behind the scenes material. I find myself often browsing their albums.
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
Here's an interesting shot I found recently, showing the raptor that attacks Ellie in the maintenance shed:

[Image: tumblr_o8blm6Pown1tcebeeo1_540.jpg]
Nice! Was that used in the marketing at all? I swear I have seen it before but I can't picture where. It was on something, a collectors card or something.
(06-05-2016, 10:55 PM)SickTriceratops Wrote: Here's an interesting shot I found recently, showing the raptor that attacks Ellie in the maintenance shed:

[Image: tumblr_o8blm6Pown1tcebeeo1_540.jpg]

(06-05-2016, 11:49 PM)Jack Wrote: Nice! Was that used in the marketing at all? I swear I have seen it before but I can't picture where. It was on something, a collectors card or something.

I remember having a JP calendar that that pic was used on for one of the months. Pretty sure it was on a trading card, too.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Yeah, I thought it was a trading card one for sure! It's a cool shot. Is this outside the Visitors Center?

[Image: jurassic-park-behind-the-scenes-21.jpg]
(06-06-2016, 09:33 AM)Jack Wrote: Yeah, I thought it was a trading card one for sure! It's a cool shot. Is this outside the Visitors Center?

I think that was during set up on the sick triceratops scene. Here's another shot from that day, and Spielberg and Winston are wearing the same clothing. I'm guessing your photo was taken somewhere off to the right of this one.

[Image: tumblr_o8f269Jtlk1tcebeeo1_1280.jpg]
Ah ha, good spot! These photos are so fun to look at.