Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal is holding Jurassic Park back!
Okay so the more I think about this, the more I think that Universal will not learn from their mistakes with Jurassic World....at least in terms of marketing.

The Jurassic Park fan base continues to be underestimated simply by how temporary Jurassic World felt in terms of the hype.

-No real presence at Comic Con
-lackluster trailers (felt sterile and generic)
-No expanded universe (Video Games, Graphic Novels, etc)
-Piss Poor merchandise (Toys, books, etc)
-NO FREAKIN' ART BOOK!!!! (That is just criminal)

The lack of all around "STUFF" is criminal, and what we have sucks. Thank god of Chronicle Collectables!! They are the only ones that seem to care that the Jurassic fan base is neglected.

So here is my question....and this of course is just a hypothetical, so don't hate me. Would Jurassic Park be better of in the hands of someone other than universal. Personally I would like to see Disney do it. Look what they have done with the Marvel Films, and of course Star Wars. Plus the the best part about them to me is that they are enthusiastic about their films, and they know what the audience wants. Its just a passing thought and I know it won't happen, I just wanted to say it here.

Thoughts??
I've discussed this elsewhere but ultimately, I totally agree. I think Disney would be the only company capable of lovingly caring for this franchise. They do such a wonderful job of loving their characters. They gave Han Solo a fitting send-off (SPOILERS. lol) in Star Wars and elevated Luke Skywalker to the near-mythological status that he deserves.

Even with Marvel, same thing. They care. I know the smaller studios are mainly responsible for this, but the kind of environment Disney creates allows for this.

Universal has really dropped the ball, a problem only further exacerbated (ironically) by the huge success of Jurassic World. They'll be even more complacent. But...

Please prove us wrong, Universal.
I think it deserves better as well. I'm not sure that they expected Jurassic World's success, at least how well it ended up doing, thus the merchandising and whatnot wasn't great. However, I suspect that thinks will heat up surrounding the next film.

As for me, as long as I get Jurassic Park films I actually like, I can't complain too much.
Yes, hopefully with the massive success of Jurassic World they decide to push it more advertising why. Would be fun if they would do comic con with like a big panel or unveiling.
[Image: 1jnpkw.jpg]
You're not wrong. JP doesn't seem to get the love other franchises do. Star Wars fans, now they get it good!
Totally agree.

The way they treat the branding as well, they don't seem to put much effort into it. You only have to look at how they keep tinkering with the logos to see that!
To me, there was nothing special about JW. It started at the marketing and even the movie itself. And with the success of the movie, I feel nothing will change for the better.
Somebody made the comment on Twitter once, and I agree, that the fans were doing more to promote the release of Jurassic World on their own social media accounts than the official Universal and JP channels were. Which speaks a lot for us fans, but is very telling of Universal's treatment of the franchise.

Like, no presence at Comic Con? That's like Marketing 101 there. I really hope Universal gets off their hands, or brings in some other third party to handle the promotional stuff, by the time JW2 comes around. And that goes especially for the tie-ins and merchandising too. We got a few gems out of Jurassic World, but overall I think everyone was let down by the overall quality and quantity of JW merch, especially in light of the high standard set by the JP and Lost World toys and marketing.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Totally agree, which is sad. I was disappointed with how Universal treated JW and its funny because Universal knows how to treat a franchise just look at the fast and the furious franchise. Hopefully they realise that they underestimated JW and give JW2 the respect it deserves
(06-08-2016, 03:58 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Somebody made the comment on Twitter once, and I agree, that the fans were doing more to promote the release of Jurassic World on their own social media accounts than the official Universal and JP channels were. Which speaks a lot for us fans, but is very telling of Universal's treatment of the franchise.

Like, no presence at Comic Con? That's like Marketing 101 there. I really hope Universal gets off their hands, or brings in some other third party to handle the promotional stuff, by the time JW2 comes around.   And that goes especially for the tie-ins and merchandising too. We got a few gems out of Jurassic World, but overall I think everyone was let down by the overall quality and quantity of JW merch, especially in light of the high standard set by the JP and Lost World toys and marketing.

This, exactly this.