Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Jurassic Park to Jurassic World: the influence of sequels
Only thing I want to argue is that Dr. Wu may have not known why he was experimenting with some of those traits in the Indominus Rex. I wouldn't be surprised if Wu was easily manipulated by Hoskins playing at his hubris, which enabled Wu's larger personality flaws.

Either way, Jurassic World (and Masrani Global) painted a larger picture with the puzzle pieces beginning to fall into place. I hope more media, movies or otherwise, continues to tie it all together and provide further 'oh shit!' moments where it all clicks.
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Your JW/Masrani website was awesome JackEwins!
Thank you. Although it's nothing compared to you're work with genetics.
Yes! One of the many things I hated about JW aside from the re humilliation of the Rex, hybrids, and people are not impressed with dinos....

Is the fact that they literaly acted like TLW and JP3 never existed.... Wich is a huge blow for me who loved TLW, and wanted that scene from JP3 aknowledged.

I guess they went with the post YouTube internet mentality myth that ´´No one likes TLW´´ when in reality a huge protion of the fanbase considers it equal to JP....

It suffers from Titanic Avatar síndrome...When it was reléased...Everyone loved it. Now everyone claims those movies were always hated...
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
It does acknowledge the other sequels. Malcolm's book? TLW theme tune? + many more examples.
Quote:Is the fact that they literaly acted like TLW and JP3 never existed.... Wich is a huge blow for me who loved TLW, and wanted that scene from JP3 aknowledged.

Quote:It does acknowledge the other sequels. Malcolm's book? TLW theme tune? + many more examples.

I don't understand why people think The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III are written out of the canon. Trevorrow himself confirmed their stories still hold up, and the fourth film follows Jurassic Park III.

There's no real need to bring up the events from the previous films as they happened a long time ago (the rescue operation on Isla Sorna in the third film might even have gone unnoticed by the public/ media), and the park has been open for ten years. Gray and Zach weren't even born yet during the San Diego incident, at best their knowledge of this should be sketchy (Gray might have known about it, given his enthusiasm) - even so, it wouldn't have fitted to be mentioned the way it was addressed in Jurassic Park III.

All four films matter equally.
I agree completely, Neelis. It all matters. Besides, I really don't see Spielberg endorsing a sequel with his name on it if it retcons an entire film (TLW) that he himself made. I think Spielberg respects his own work a little more than that. Wink
Perhaps Colin initial comment "it is a direct sequel" is what made people think it was forgetting the original sequels. Poor word use?

Either way, it's very evident that TLW and JP3 are still part of the canon and the world of JP. And I'm glad, because who doesn't love JP3? Tongue
(06-12-2016, 02:12 PM)Neelis Wrote:
Quote:Is the fact that they literaly acted like TLW and JP3 never existed.... Wich is a huge blow for me who loved TLW, and wanted that scene from JP3 aknowledged.

Quote:It does acknowledge the other sequels. Malcolm's book? TLW theme tune? + many more examples.

I don't understand why people think The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III are written out of the canon. Trevorrow himself confirmed their stories still hold up, and the fourth film follows Jurassic Park III.

There's no real need to bring up the events from the previous films as they happened a long time ago (the rescue operation on Isla Sorna in the third film might even have gone unnoticed by the public/ media), and the park has been open for ten years. Gray and Zach weren't even born yet during the San Diego incident, at best their knowledge of this should be sketchy (Gray might have known about it, given his enthusiasm) - even so, it wouldn't have fitted to be mentioned the way it was addressed in Jurassic Park III.  

All four films matter equally.

It´s not so much that people thought they were written out of canon. Its that some fans (myself included) took the whole ´´Sequels are being put to the side´´ as them saying ´´Yeah, sequels are not important here´´ and them pandering to the internet myth that no one likes TLW...

It´s a myth that bothers me wich is why it was dissapointing for me to see that they could have possibly taken it as truth when it is not.

But of course that can all change if in the next sequel Colin does aknowledge the sequels and honors them.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(06-10-2016, 08:58 AM)JackEwins Wrote: Thank you. Although it's nothing compared to you're work with genetics.

This guy.  Big Grin