Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALIEN: Covenant
At long last, the trailer was released! It looks good! (It's gory, too.) Worth the wait! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk
I'm definitely looking forward to this! And with the new Predator film and AVP coming to theaters in the future, it was about time that we have more films!
"Igenious... JURASSIC PARK is hard to beat for sheer intellectual entertainment."
-
Entertainment Weekly

"I am always outnumbered, but never outmanned."
- Unknown SFOD-D Tier 1 Operator, Operation Anaconda
(01-16-2017, 06:05 PM)Carnivore Wrote: I'm definitely looking forward to this! And with the new Predator film and AVP coming to theaters in the future, it was about time that we have more films!

A new APV film? I hadn't heard of this before - has a third film been approved?
Can't wait! Looks great. The poster alone had me sold.
(01-16-2017, 06:53 PM)Neelis Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 06:05 PM)Carnivore Wrote: I'm definitely looking forward to this! And with the new Predator film and AVP coming to theaters in the future, it was about time that we have more films!

A new APV film? I hadn't heard of this before - has a third film been approved?

There was word going on about it online. I forgot which page I read the sources from because it was linked via Facebook a while ago.
"Igenious... JURASSIC PARK is hard to beat for sheer intellectual entertainment."
-
Entertainment Weekly

"I am always outnumbered, but never outmanned."
- Unknown SFOD-D Tier 1 Operator, Operation Anaconda
Can't wait!!
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
ALIEN: Covenant short The Crossing gives us a glimpse into the journey of two familiar characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

It might have been coincidence; I thought Shaw looked an awful lot like Ripley in the shot of her sitting behind the controls and smiling at David as they plot the course.

It looks great, I'm glad Shaw returns, no matter how briefly.

EDIT:

This is pretty cool product placement:

http://www.jurassicforums.com/showthread...67#pid2467
Here's my "review". If you have not seen the film yet, you might want to skip it.

My expectations for ALIEN: Covenant weren't low enough. It was a sorely disappointing experience. Too many (nameless) characters, a convoluted story, there was a weird balance in the storytelling (it seemed off), some of the visual effects looked like a computer game. The genocide (as seen in The Crossing), though presented in the film, is entirely unexplained.
While the creatures look good (see the positives), they were hardly given any interesting behaviour to differentiate between the Neomorphs and Xenomorphs.

What frustrated me most was how history is not just being rewritten but the Xenomorph is entirely stripped of its mystery. Prometheus was far from flawless, but it was bold enough to go in a very different direction and expand the world of Weyland - Yutani and the ALIEN-universe, while the origins of the creatures still remained a mystery. (Did the Engineers create them? Or did they stumble upon them and did they try to use them for their own gain?)

ALIEN: Covenant feels as if a remake of everything that came before, and not in a good way.

There were some positives; glorious Milford Sound (New Zealand) being used as a backdrop (and not tarnished with visual effects), the creature designs, the interior sets and the Citadel (with David's little workshop), of course the acting was pretty decent and Fassbender is good as always. And the gay couple having a moment confirming their relationship (the short film doesn't count, as not everyone will have seen that), was a nice touch.

However, those positives don't really weigh up against the negatives. I felt it was a terrible mess, and the horror elements were, while well done, hardly shocking. I was greatly annoyed by the overuse of F-bombs. It made the dialogue excruciating at a certain point. By the end of the film I had a hand clasped over my mouth - not because it was terrifyingly good - it was, as a whole, shockingly bad.

One nice surprise; Milan Records just published the entire soundtrack on Youtube.com. As with the soundtrack for Jackie a few months ago, you can listen to ALIEN: Covenant's soundtrack for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2V2kWgZ7w
I really liked Alien Covenant. 8/10 for me. I recently re-watched every film in the franchise and here's my ratings for the films.

Alien 9/10
Aliens 9/10
Alien 3 7/10
Alien Resurrection 7/10
Alien vs Predator 6/10
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem 5/10
Prometheus 7/10

It's interesting that while the director says David created the Xenomorphs and the final film seems to support that the novelization states David merely recreated or made his own version of the Xenos.

It appears there was a big change during filming.