Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Monster Calls
Anyone seen it? Thoughts? I'll most likely be waiting for the Blu-ray — I only tend go to the cinema for films I absolutely HAVE to see these days, because the sound of other people munching their way through some of the noisiest food on the planet drives me nuts — but I was wondering if it had changed anyone's feelings on Bayona, positively or negatively.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait to. Hearing good things!
Read the book twice. Totally heart breaking. Movie sounds like it's a faithful adaptation. Can't wait!
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm
(01-08-2017, 03:23 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: Anyone seen it? Thoughts? I'll most likely be waiting for the Blu-ray — I only tend go to the cinema for films I absolutely HAVE to see these days, because the sound of other people munching their way through some of the noisiest food on the planet drives me nuts — but I was wondering if it had changed anyone's feelings on Bayona, positively or negatively.

I don't think it's out here yet. I might go see it, reception's been positive without exception. (Like you, I can't stand people eating popcorn or crisps, or opening beer cans or bottles - or, even worse, talking!)
What I don't understand... is cell phones. (Mobile phones for us Brits). A cinema is the one place I can go that I genuinely never want to check my phone. It's an escape. I don't understand how some paying audience members can watch a movie and still sit there, on their phone.