Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Official Limited Edition Jurassic Park 'Tyrannosaurus Breakout' statue by Chronicle
(05-31-2016, 07:46 PM)jobalexang Wrote: I saw it's got a 10-month payment plan. Anyone gonna do that?
It's great that they have the payment plans. May look into that.

(05-31-2016, 07:52 PM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: I know this particular thread is about the Rex, but speaking of other pieces, I'd love to see Chronicle take a stab at a decent replica of JP's gate. There's little I wouldn't do to have one of those on my shelf.

I would love to see a replica gate. Have always wanted that!
I'm in love. I can't believe it's taken 23 years to finally get some high end collectibles that do Jurassic Park justice. I'll admit I have lost faith in Hasbro completely. Chronicle's product line is really the only merchandise I am currently excited about.

$500 may seem like a lot, but think about all the work involved, the difference in quality, and the fact that this statue is of a decent size. This isn't Sideshow. From what I've seen and observed Chronicle Collectibles has a quality two to three times better than their competition. Sure, we will pay for it, but in my opinion it's well worth the price.
Is the base really in the shape of the T-rex paddock? It looks like it's the shape of the whole island.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
I really do like this! It's certainly an impressive looking piece that is unmistakably Jurassic Park. But, I do feel that the fences are too tall, and as awesome as the T-Rex looks, she seems to lack a little extra oomph in sculpted detail. Still very stunning and one I am considering picking up, which would make it the most expensive one collectible I've every purchased.
(05-31-2016, 07:52 PM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 07:38 PM)ChrisLikesDinos Wrote: I'll be honest: $500 is a great price. The thing is pretty massive.. 2feet long!

And you just won't get this level of paint detail from Sideshow... trust me on that one. It makes my JP Sideshow statue look like a toy in comparison.

Also! Good news. Chronicle has payment plans! =D

However, I will say that I hope Chronicle puts out another cool JP or JW piece in the 200~300 price range. That's a much better entry price for casual collectors.

I know this particular thread is about the Rex, but speaking of other pieces, I'd love to see Chronicle take a stab at a decent replica of JP's gate. There's little I wouldn't do to have one of those on my shelf.

Gate would be a MAGNIFICENT idea...
[Image: Ia9MHYF.png]

For Jurassic Park Toy Videos visit here!

(06-01-2016, 06:25 AM)Indominus Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 07:52 PM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: I know this particular thread is about the Rex, but speaking of other pieces, I'd love to see Chronicle take a stab at a decent replica of JP's gate. There's little I wouldn't do to have one of those on my shelf.

Gate would be a MAGNIFICENT idea...

We really should put it forward to them. If it was a $200 piece I'm sure it would sell a decent amount.
Unfortunately for myself, I probably won't be buying it, even with the payment plan. I just can't justify spending $500 buck on it, even if it is a good deal or worth it. Also that size would kill be if I owned it. At 2ft long, where in the world would I put that thing?!? I do feel like the paint job is slightly different than I feel she looks, but overall it looks really great. I wish I could own it, but I'd get some stares from my wife for sure.
(06-01-2016, 12:57 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: Unfortunately for myself, I probably won't be buying it, even with the payment plan. I just can't justify spending $500 buck on it, even if it is a good deal or worth it. Also that size would kill be if I owned it. At 2ft long, where in the world would I put that thing?!? I do feel like the paint job is slightly different than I feel she looks, but overall it looks really great. I wish I could own it, but I'd get some stares from my wife for sure.

Haha yeah, that is the thing - where would it go? I want it so bad but I don't have the room... it needs to sit in a big entrance hall or something.
(05-31-2016, 07:32 PM)Jack Wrote: I think I'm right in saying that this is it... the one we've all been waiting for. Who's going to be buying this?

I am!
(06-01-2016, 02:21 PM)KerrRobinson84 Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 07:32 PM)Jack Wrote: I think I'm right in saying that this is it... the one we've all been waiting for. Who's going to be buying this?

I am!

Nice! Do you have any of Chronicle's current line?