Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Official Limited Edition Jurassic Park 'Tyrannosaurus Breakout' statue by Chronicle
Definitely one of the most beautiful Jurassic Park pieces I have ever seen. I am considering getting it but I'm leaning more towards no because 1. $500+ is just too much for me to justify and 2. I really have nowhere to put it unless I get rid of some other things. Man, I want it though..
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Man, it's such a great looking piece. I am definitely leaning toward getting it. $500 is a large price tag, but honestly I was expecting it to be more: it's not a bad deal in comparison to other statues of similar size and quality. The only thing giving me pause is the prospect of Chronicle coming out with another great piece soon, cuz while I can swing getting one big item like this occasionally, it will be hard to justify a second such expense, at least for a while. I reluctantly passed on their Stegosaurus in anticipation of this Rex. There are still the 1:1 Compy and 1/6 scale human figures to look forward to too, plus whatever else Chronicle is cooking up in their lab.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
(06-01-2016, 11:23 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Man, it's such a great looking piece. I am definitely leaning toward getting it. $500 is a large price tag, but honestly I was expecting it to be more: it's not a bad deal in comparison to other statues of similar size and quality.  The only thing giving me pause is the prospect of Chronicle coming out with another great piece soon, cuz while I can swing getting one big item like this occasionally, it will be hard to justify a second such expense, at least for a while.  I reluctantly passed on their Stegosaurus in anticipation of this Rex. There are still the 1:1 Compy and 1/6 scale human figures to look forward to too, plus whatever else Chronicle is cooking up in their lab.

I'm in the same boat! I really wanted that Stego but logistically it didn't make sense. If I had the space and a whole lot of cash, I'd have every item they've done so far. It's so refreshing to see this level of detail applied to Jurassic collectibles.
Quote:I'm in the same boat! I really wanted that Stego but logistically it didn't make sense. If I had the space and a whole lot of cash, I'd have every item they've done so far. It's so refreshing to see this level of detail applied to Jurassic collectibles.

Indeed. Jurassic Park is finally getting the treatment it deserves in terms of upscale adult collectables.  I think this is the best piece since the Cinemacast raptor that came out 22 years ago.
(06-01-2016, 11:58 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Indeed. Jurassic Park is finally getting the treatment it deserves in terms of upscale adult collectables.  I think this is the best piece since the Cinemacast raptor that came out 22 years ago.

What's the one piece you'd really like to see?
(06-02-2016, 12:30 AM)Jack Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 11:58 PM)jurassiraptor Wrote: Indeed. Jurassic Park is finally getting the treatment it deserves in terms of upscale adult collectables.  I think this is the best piece since the Cinemacast raptor that came out 22 years ago.

What's the one piece you'd really like to see?

I know Chronicle said they don't do vehicles (when asked why the Explorers weren't included with the Rex Breakout set), but I think it would be awesome to have a diorama of Nedry's Jeep stuck on the embankment, with a dilophosaurus or two circling it.

A Raptors in the Kitchen diorama would also be a must-buy. Like maybe one or two sections of the steel kitchen counters with one raptor one top and one peering around the side like in the movie.
(06-02-2016, 02:12 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: diorama of Nedry's Jeep stuck on the embankment, with a dilophosaurus or two circling it.

Okay, now THAT is what I want to see!
...Credit Card? ...You got it!

In all seriousness, I will absolutely be buying this unbeknownst to my wife of course Wink
(06-02-2016, 04:32 AM)RyanJPShu Wrote: ...Credit Card? ...You got it!

In all seriousness, I will absolutely be buying this unbeknownst to my wife of course Wink

Break the news to her gently when the large parcel arrives at your door.
I'm considering it... The detail is just phenomenal. If they brought out other JP examples as well (like maybe a 'Clever Girl' piece of Muldoon getting ripped apart by a Velociraptor), and if they were just as large as well, that would be just incredible!
"It's a high hide. A high hide, you know you go up and you hide high. Goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way" - Eddie Carr
'Actually it would put them at a very convenient biting height" - Ian Malcolm