Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you like to see a survival alliance between Rexy and Blue?
The ending of Jurassic World, where Rexy and Blue fought the Indominus followed with the seemingly mutual understanding between the two, had me wondering... Blue is without a pack to hunt with, and while a Raptor on her own would probably survive on smaller prey, I think she'll like company a bit more.

And seeing as she worked together with Rexy (who's smarter than anyone gave her credit for, apparently) I thought... What if the two form an alliance? Animals do this in nature a lot, like coyotes and badgers, babboons warning other animals when a predator is near, pilotfish that get protected by a shark because they eat harmful parasites that reside on its hide, etc...

So, what about this: Since Rexy is getting on in years, she can't hunt as effectively anymore. Blue, being on her own, doesn't need THAT much food, so she forms some sort of an alliance with Rexy: Blue charges into a group of herbivores, spooking them and singling out a weaker dinosaur and pushing it to the edge of the group where Rexy is lying in waiting like she did in the first JP. Rexy scores the kill, eats her fill and Blue can eat whatever's left.

I think it'd be interesting to see, and really show that the dinosaurs aren't just mindless monsters and can understand the benefits of working together. As Wu said, these aren't "real" dinosaurs, they're mixed with other DNA, so it COULD be that lies at the base of why they work together.
I ... could actually see that happening. Stranger alliances have actually happened in nature. Blue doesn't have a pack anymore, and Rexy is all alone...

"I'm just a lonely T. Rex. I'm just a lonely T. Rex on this island..."

Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea. A lot of people may reject it and think it's ridiculous, but I think it would be cool to see. Nice idea.
No, the ending of Jurassic World was already pushing it in terms of it being a little too superheroish and portraying the animals almost having human qualities. So I am not that interested in another movie portraying Rexy and Blue as a superhero duo with a human like friendship.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(03-09-2017, 11:44 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: No, the ending of Jurassic World was already pushing it in terms of it being a little too superheroish and portraying the animals almost having human qualities. So I am not that interested in another movie portraying Rexy and Blue as a superhero duo with a human like friendship.

It's not "Superhero duo" or even human qualities. Animals of different species have always formed alliances when it could benefit both parties. It's not as outlandish as you think.

For instance, you say the ending was too much, but there have been cases where animals of different species banded together to take down a threat to their kind.
(03-10-2017, 03:24 PM)InGen_Is_Lying Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 11:44 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: No, the ending of Jurassic World was already pushing it in terms of it being a little too superheroish and portraying the animals almost having human qualities. So I am not that interested in another movie portraying Rexy and Blue as a superhero duo with a human like friendship.

It's not "Superhero duo" or even human qualities. Animals of different species have always formed alliances when it could benefit both parties. It's not as outlandish as you think.

For instance, you say the ending was too much, but there have been cases where animals of different species banded together to take down a threat to their kind.

I am aware that it has happened in nature but usualy by species that live in the same place. T Rex is from north america while the raptors are from asia I believe.

By the way at the end of the fight, did you see how Rexy and Blue looked at each other ? Many fans have pointed out that they were almos expecting a fist bump.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(03-10-2017, 06:21 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: By the way at the end of the fight, did you see how Rexy and Blue looked at each other ? Many fans have pointed out that they were almos expecting a fist bump.

I saw that scene as this:

Blue: Please don't eat me!

Rexy: I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Blue: Phew...

Tongue
(03-10-2017, 06:21 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 03:24 PM)InGen_Is_Lying Wrote:

I am aware that it has happened in nature but usualy by species that live in the same place. T Rex is from north america while the raptors are from asia I believe.

By the way at the end of the fight, did you see how Rexy and Blue looked at each other ? Many fans have pointed out that they were almos expecting a fist bump.
They live on the same Island, they were born on the same Island... Why would it matter where they were from millions of years ago?

And yeah, yeah, you're totally right... Rolleyes I have a feeling we definitely won't be getting along...

(03-10-2017, 06:45 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 06:21 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: By the way at the end of the fight, did you see how Rexy and Blue looked at each other ? Many fans have pointed out that they were almos expecting a fist bump.

I saw that scene as this:

Blue: Please don't eat me!

Rexy: I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Blue: Phew...

Tongue

Hey, Rexy had been through the damn wringer at that point! Cut the old lady some slack. Tongue