Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva Script!
Ever since the film came out I've had a desire to read the original script by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva. I remember when they were brought onto the project to write and being excited because of howe well Rise of the Planet of the Apes was received. 

What do you think would have been different in the original script? What elements in the film were theirs and what elements were Derek and Colin's? It would be really cool if that original script got released.
From the little we know of it, it didn't sound too good. It would definitely be an interesting read though.
(03-20-2017, 04:57 AM)evolution_rex Wrote: From the little we know of it, it didn't sound too good. It would definitely be an interesting read though.

I read that they were set to film that very script until colin came onboard who read it, and then didn't understand it, claiming that if he made that script into a movie, it just wouldn't be a good movie. From what I can remember, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva were the two that brought on board the idea of a Mosasaurus eating a shark, right?
(03-20-2017, 04:57 AM)evolution_rex Wrote: From the little we know of it, it didn't sound too good. It would definitely be an interesting read though.

What was it about?
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(03-20-2017, 02:18 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote:

I read that they were set to film that very script until colin came onboard who read it, and then didn't understand it, claiming that if he made that script into a movie, it just wouldn't be a good movie. From what I can remember, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva were the two that brought on board the idea of a Mosasaurus eating a shark, right?

On the contrary, I recall Colin Trevorrow telling the idea of the shark-eating Mosasaur to Spielberg, thus claiming it as his...

As for this script: is it the one from which the leaked pages with the extra dialogue by Hamada came from? If so, yeah, it would be great to get it available!
(03-20-2017, 02:46 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:

What was it about?

I was another script featuring an open theme park. Colin was brought on to direct it even without reading the script. Once he read the script, he offered to re-write it and that's why they took an extra year and delayed the film to 2015.

(03-20-2017, 03:54 PM)rickraptor Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 02:18 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote:

On the contrary, I recall Colin Trevorrow telling the idea of the shark-eating Mosasaur to Spielberg, thus claiming it as his...

As for this script: is it the one from which the leaked pages with the extra dialogue by Hamada came from? If so, yeah, it would be great to get it available!

I remember reading those. I was actually expecting to see those scenes in the movie, too. But he turned out tobe a disposable inGen soldier with no real backstory or dialogue.
Hamada may not of had that cool scene from that script page but he did have one awesome/memorable line... IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE!!!
(03-19-2017, 10:27 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote: Ever since the film came out I've had a desire to read the original script by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva. I remember when they were brought onto the project to write and being excited because of howe well Rise of the Planet of the Apes was received. 

What do you think would have been different in the original script? What elements in the film were theirs and what elements were Derek and Colin's? It would be really cool if that original script got released.

Based on their previous work I have a feeling it would actually be pretty great. I really want to read it! It likely would have had less comedy and may have felt more in line with the first two. But we'll never know unless somebody leaks it!
(03-21-2017, 11:58 AM)Jack Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 10:27 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote: Ever since the film came out I've had a desire to read the original script by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva. I remember when they were brought onto the project to write and being excited because of howe well Rise of the Planet of the Apes was received. 

Based on their previous work I have a feeling it would actually be pretty great. I really want to read it! It likely would have had less comedy and may have felt more in line with the first two. But we'll never know unless somebody leaks it!
The first two movies had plenty of humor, though it was usually from Jeff Goldblum.