Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilophosaurus' size
I've always considered it a juvenile. Couldn't tell you why I think that. I guess because I know how long they can get. The whole "Big Brother" comment by Nedry was I think just referring to bigger dinosaurs in general. The idea of a much bigger Dilo is pretty scary. The hologram featured in JW was definitely the same size as the raptor, but something bigger would be horrifying for sure.
I think them being juveniles is fair game, but I'd argue as it stands now there is more evidence of them being adults. Simply as Spielberg and other artist speak of 'changing their size' rather than featuring a juvenile.

Either way, Nedry's "bigger brothers" comment was almost assuredly a figure of speech, referring to any larger species of dinosaur that he assumed were more dangerous.

Ultimately, in Jurassic Park arguing size for the age of a dinosaur probably isn't the best way to do so considering the many inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
The short fence could be down to how very little InGen/Jurassic Park staff knew about the dinosaurs they bred.

I've not seen that image before but I can now picture a scene in which a Dilophosaur is scaling the fence during a wet night on Nublar.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
(06-09-2016, 10:55 PM)Nedryland Wrote: The short fence could be down to how very little InGen/Jurassic Park staff knew about the dinosaurs they bred.

I've not seen that image before but I can now picture a scene in which a Dilophosaur is scaling the fence during a wet night on Nublar.

"Must have been one of the othys. They're always jumping their fences. We have a hell of a time with them.”

The movie dilophosaurus always reminded a little bit of the othys from the novel, due to its size and because it hops and seemingly dropped from a tree. I can picture little dilophosaurs hopping their fence in much the same way the othys did in the book.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
That's an interesting thought. That would be quite terrifying if you think about it, especially walking through the dark jungle and then hearing a noise above above you, looking up to see a group of small Dilophosaurs looking down at you.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the ones in the book the correct size? I wonder what the reason was for sizing them down in the movie.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
(06-23-2016, 11:54 PM)Raptor Blue Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the ones in the book the correct size? I wonder what the reason was for sizing them down in the movie.

I think they sized they down to distinguish them from the raptor's size. I feel like I heard that somewhere.
http://sites.psu.edu/kateyorko/wp-conten...s-size.jpg
Delta was what 16-18 feet long?  I Think its safe to say that the Dilo holo in JW was an adult.
Well, there was a 1993 article by Empire that labeled the Dilo a "baby". 

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/featu...ssic-park/

So it might be that the Dilo seen in JP1 is a juvenile.