Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic Park - Early David Koepp Script June 30th, 1992
Here is a never-before-seen early script draft of Jurassic Park by the film's final writer David Koepp. Previously, only the final and continuity drafts from Koepp have surfaced. This is a June 30th, 1992 draft meant for Spielberg's eyes only, and includes a number of unique versions of scenes. This includes an alternate build-up of Grant and Ellie's relationship at the dig site, altered sequence of events and famous dialogue, his version of the omitted baby Triceratops scene, and his original version of the film's thrilling climax of the raptors VS Grant and the others on a condor lift in the rotunda.

Original Scan

Transcription

You can also now find other scripts from the films here.

*Note: This was originally posted in batches of pages during Jurassic June of 2017. You can see the entire album where this happened at the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JurassicTime...8743776826
Pages 11-21 are now revealed, which feature some rearranged scenes and altered dialogue as the characters arrive at Isla Nublar.
(06-08-2017, 03:42 PM)scallenger Wrote: Pages 11-21 are now revealed, which feature some rearranged scenes and altered dialogue as the characters arrive at Isla Nublar.

Lovely find, thank you for sharing! It's always interesting to read original/ first drafts. Smile
Then you shall find the next few pages very interesting for a certain bombshell... Wink

Pages 22-32 are now revealed, which feature a slightly extended/reordered scene with the Brachiosaurus reveal, and Mr. DNA having a Jamaican accent!
Pages 33-43 are now revealed, which feature additional dialogue and slightly altered scenes leading up to the prelude of the main tour of the park.
(06-10-2017, 06:15 PM)scallenger Wrote: Then you shall find the next few pages very interesting for a certain bombshell... Wink

Pages 22-32 are now revealed, which feature a slightly extended/reordered scene with the Brachiosaurus reveal, and Mr. DNA having a Jamaican accent!

I may have missed it; what was the "bombshell"?
I was kind of joking in a way that Mr. DNA being Jamaican instead of Texan/Southern was a "bombshell", lol. It is quite a different way to imagine the character, but even more nuts was the sort of racist line Gennaro is given in response to it when he says, "Kids love Jamaicans."

Anyhow, Pages 44-54 are now revealed, which feature alternate versions of dialogue, including Arnold's famous "Hold onto your butts" line, Malcolm's explanation of chaos to Sattler, and... James Earl Jones?
(06-14-2017, 05:07 PM)scallenger Wrote: I was kind of joking in a way that Mr. DNA being Jamaican instead of Texan/Southern was a "bombshell", lol. It is quite a different way to imagine the character, but even more nuts was the sort of racist line Gennaro is given in response to it when he says, "Kids love Jamaicans."

Anyhow, Pages 44-54 are now revealed, which feature alternate versions of dialogue, including Arnold's famous "Hold onto your butts" line, Malcolm's explanation of chaos to Sattler, and... James Earl Jones?

Ah, I see! I think I've read that before somewhere, I wasn't too surprised by it. 

Keep up the good work!  Smile
Pages 55-65 are now revealed, which feature an alternate version of the cut gizzard stone scene, Nedry running to the garage for the jeep getaway, and more alternate dialogue.
Pages 66-76 are now revealed, which features most of the T-Rex Main Road Attack. This section is very close to the final draft's version, apart from Malcolm being flung from the Rex's mouth instead of being nudged by its head.

It is so far amazing how much actually remained intact between this early Koepp draft and his final one, but it is nice to finally see some of these small missing moments and alternate dialogue. Fear not, because in the next few reveals things will get a bit more interesting again. The payoff is in the climax. Wink