Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Do you like the title of Jurassic World 2?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
(06-22-2017, 03:41 PM)MrDNA Wrote: The name is alright, but I would have preferred "The Fallen Kingdom: Jurassic World".

Naaah, that would be a clear reference to The Lost World! To tell you the truth, I think the title is cool, even though I really have low expectations for this sequel.

(06-22-2017, 03:41 PM)MrDNA Wrote: That logo though, it looks fan made, very poor. It's much too similar to Jurassic World's. The beat up logo makes sense for this film, it didn't for JW, but they did it anyway cos it's the done thing, the gritty reboot logo. Not keen on them using that old movie font instead of the proper one.

I have to say that in the last years a lot of movies came out with horrible posters and logos. This one is just right. Nothing new, you're right.
Sometimes it's like they forget that logos and posters are an expression of arts and as such should not be underestimated.

(06-22-2017, 03:41 PM)MrDNA Wrote: It really doesn't inspire much confidence that Universal will handle the franchise properly... I know it's just a logo, but it represents their whole approach. Jurassic Park isn't all doom and gloom, but that's what this suggests. Take some risks instead of just doing the obvious!

Agree. But it depends on the tone of the movie. If it is going to be like a catastrophic movie, you cannot expect a colorful and bright poster such as that for Star Trek: Beyond or Thor: Ragnarok, just to name but few.

(06-22-2017, 10:56 PM)Clever Girl Wrote: I hope not, since that's my worst nightmare! I don't want Nublar suffering the same fate as in the book (by any means), and Rexy better not die either! These rumors are really starting to bother me. So much that I'm not even sure if I want to see it (or at least not right away, since if it's too upsetting, I simply won't watch it again, as simple as that. Why torture yourself like that). Of course, the title could refer to the "kingdom" of man just like it could refer to the "kingdom" of the dinosaurs (let's hope it's the former, since sometimes it's best not to jump to conclusions), so I guess we'll have to wait and see (but I'm still secretly dreading it. Maybe I should come up with a few "fix it" fan fiction ideas, just in case). Sad

Oh, as a fan, aren't you excited to see new ideas, new stories, new interactions between dinos?
I personally think that the idea of the volcano is right, and can open up new scenarios. Probably not entirely original as the rescue mission was the subject of The Lost World, but at least interesting.
The risk is repeating something already seen in other movies: this would be boring because in that case the movie would add nothing to a universe which we know quite well now, after 4 movies.
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
Each movie adds something different (even JP3).
In both Russia and China, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is titled Jurassic World 2.

[Image: DF3FKXuXoAAje9O.jpg:large]

[Image: DF3FLwJWAAEBXC_.jpg:large]

There now is an official distinction between the Jurassic Park trilogy and the Jurassic World films? I must admit I find this pleasing.
I always seen a distinction between JP trilogy and the JW trilogy. They are connected by continuity but are very different types of films.