Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official JP Canon?
Is there any official canon about the Jurassic Park universe? For example is it like the Star Wars or Marvel universe where the movies, comics, books, etc. are stated as canon or not? Or is the canon mostly made up of just different head canons? Because would the events of lets say Jurassic Park Trespasser be in the same universe where Jurassic World occurred or any other events.
There's not one true canon, I believe. You have the films' universe, and then games, books, comics and toys.
(10-03-2017, 03:20 PM)Neelis Wrote: There's not one true canon, I believe. You have the films' universe, and then games, books, comics and toys.

...and this, if I may say so, it's a great weakness. Look at what MARVEL has done and what other franchises are trying to do: to create a unique universe in which stories of different characters cross each other. Comics, books, art books, videogame and all the types of products would sell better if the JP universe was coherent.
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
I think this will begin to change. According to the developers of JW: Evolution, Universal worked very closely with them to ensure the game fits within the movies universe. They didn't mention Nublar in their reveal this weekend as I'm sure that's something Universal are wanting to keep quiet about - Fallen Kingdom no doubt shapes a different future for the island and we'll likely see this in the game, too.
So, is there a date for the release of the game? I am curious to watch a gameplay to see whether this JPE is worth my money or not. If they are keeping some surprise about Nublar and we must wait the next movie we have to wait more than few months it seems...
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
(10-08-2017, 11:25 PM)Jack Wrote: I think this will begin to change. According to the developers of JW: Evolution, Universal worked very closely with them to ensure the game fits within the movies universe. They didn't mention Nublar in their reveal this weekend as I'm sure that's something Universal are wanting to keep quiet about - Fallen Kingdom no doubt shapes a different future for the island and we'll likely see this in the game, too.

How can a park simulator game be canon. How can there be more JW parks during the events of Fallen Kingdom?

I get the look is movie accurate but if the game takes place after the events of Jurassic World it wouldn't seem likely at all for more JW parks to open.
(10-08-2017, 11:25 PM)Jack Wrote: I think this will begin to change. According to the developers of JW: Evolution, Universal worked very closely with them to ensure the game fits within the movies universe. They didn't mention Nublar in their reveal this weekend as I'm sure that's something Universal are wanting to keep quiet about - Fallen Kingdom no doubt shapes a different future for the island and we'll likely see this in the game, too.

That's... interesting. I've never been fond of the idea of multiple islands of the Five Deaths chain being a permanent home to dinosaurs created by INGEN (or competitors). We'll see how it works out.
Movie companies have worked with video game developers closely for a very long time, it's all PR when they say that, they do work closely but at the same time they don't consider it real canon, even when they go out of their way to say that "this is the official prequel/midquel/sequel" to the movie.