Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on JW
(06-11-2016, 11:28 AM)Neelis Wrote: Jurassic World does not feel as intimate as Jurassic Park, or even Jurassic Park III. At times it seems there are too many characters, and you never truly learn the motives that drive them. (The Lost World: Jurassic Park has a ton of characters as well, but they seem better fleshed out or even just given enough discerning traits to understand them in the story's context.) 

projects.

It's not all negative though! First of all, I support this sentiment:

Quote:Colin seems like a genuine well intentioned man

Colin Trevorrow has been an absolute delight; from appearing on podcasts to sharing pictures taken on set and answering fans' questions on Twitter, he was always willing to interact with the community. One very moving story involves Mariah Lambes, who was an extra in Jurassic World (she can be seen sitting behind the boys during the Mosasaurus show). Mariah was being treated for leukemia, and Colin sent her a set of signed posters to auction off on Ebay so she could earn some extra money for her treatment.
(She's doing fine now, she works at a Disney store at the moment and has a deeply rooted love for anything Disney and Star Wars - and she and her husband adopted to adorable dogs!)

As RexRevenge said, Colin is a genuine person and he loves the franchise as much as we do. It's clear from Jurassic World it was truly a labor of love and the throwbacks to the original (despite my great dislike for the sheer number) show he wanted this film to be not just for audiences all over the world, but for fans of the Jurassic Park franchise especially.

Not going to lie....At first I felt resentment towards him. I was like.... Why would you do a movie about once again trying to one up the T Rex!? Isn´t that what everyone hated about JP3!?!?

Then my resentment for his desicions grew when I learned the movie was about people getting tired of dinos....I was like....What? No one gets tired of lions and tigers? Then When I saw the final fight, he thought he ´´solvéd´´ the issue of the Spino by a symbolic nod... He had the T Rex getting humilliated (again) and then had to be saved by a raptor and mosasaurus....Only to not even get the final blow... 14 years for that?

Not going to lie....I really really resented the desicions of Jurassic World... But then I thought to myself, ´´Maybe he is not aware of the WHY fans were so affected by JP3´s treatment of the T Rex´´. ´´Yes, he may know there was some controversy, but the why exactly he may not know´´. And thats when we started tweeting him about the petition.

We tweeted to him for a few months and when he finally replied it was like ´´Whoa, he really listens to the fans´´.  My impression of him changed, and I saw more videos of him and by all accounts he seems like an understanding person who has a genuine desire to do his best to please everybody and an overall good human being.

I and if he writes the rematch into the sequel... He will be one of my favorite people ever.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I think the reason Colin didn't have the T.rex kill the Indominus because he knew it would be a little unrealistic. Rexy is over 22 years old and hasn't been in a fight in years plus the Indominus is a much more dangerous animal than a T.rex. It made absolute sense when the Indominus won round 1 but Colin couldn't let Rexy die because of the hate of how the Spino vs. Rex fight ended. Having a rex and raptor later team up does sound silly but was kinda a beautiful contrast of how Rexy fought the raptors at the end of JP. Having the mosasaur finish the Indominus also made sense due to her gigantic size. The smashing of the spino skeleton by Rexy was just a smarter decision than redoing the fight in my opinion.
(06-12-2016, 05:16 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I think the reason Colin didn't have the T.rex kill the Indominus because he knew it would be a little unrealistic. Rexy is over 22 years old and hasn't been in a fight in years plus the Indominus is a much more dangerous animal than a T.rex. It made absolute sense when the Indominus won round 1 but Colin couldn't let Rexy die because of the hate of how the Spino vs. Rex fight ended. Having a rex and raptor later team up does sound silly but was kinda a beautiful contrast of how Rexy fought the raptors at the end of JP. Having the mosasaur finish the Indominus also made sense due to her gigantic size. The smashing of the spino skeleton by Rexy was just a smarter decision than redoing the fight in my opinion.

Could have had Rexy kill indominus after a very very tough fight. Because despite being old, she has the experience and the alpha status unlike indominus who is seeing all of this for the first time.

By getting Rexy nearly killed it is almost the same as if she were killed. Everyone knows she was about to die if not for the miracle raptor saving her. Now we are stuck with years of ´´Haha if not for blue she would be dead.´´ and ´´She was quickly taken down by Indominus so a T Rex would not be able to handle a Spino´´.

And that´s why we feel a T Rex taking down a Spino by itself is needed in the series.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

(06-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 05:16 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I think the reason Colin didn't have the T.rex kill the Indominus because he knew it would be a little unrealistic. Rexy is over 22 years old and hasn't been in a fight in years plus the Indominus is a much more dangerous animal than a T.rex. It made absolute sense when the Indominus won round 1 but Colin couldn't let Rexy die because of the hate of how the Spino vs. Rex fight ended. Having a rex and raptor later team up does sound silly but was kinda a beautiful contrast of how Rexy fought the raptors at the end of JP. Having the mosasaur finish the Indominus also made sense due to her gigantic size. The smashing of the spino skeleton by Rexy was just a smarter decision than redoing the fight in my opinion.

Could have had Rexy kill indominus after a very very tough fight. Because despite being old, she has the experience and the alpha status unlike indominus who is seeing all of this for the first time.

By getting Rexy nearly killed it is almost the same as if she were killed. Everyone knows she was about to die if not for the miracle raptor saving her. Now we are stuck with years of ´´Haha if not for blue she would be dead.´´ and ´´She was quickly taken down by Indominus so a T Rex would not be able to handle a Spino´´.

And that´s why we feel a T Rex taking down a Spino by itself is needed in the series.

Definitely not needed and it's most likely never going to happen
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
(06-12-2016, 09:41 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: Could have had Rexy kill indominus after a very very tough fight. Because despite being old, she has the experience and the alpha status unlike indominus who is seeing all of this for the first time.

The Indominus was taken down by nature, which is unpredictable. No matter how smart you are, albeit human or 'highly intelligent animal', nature always wins. So the Rex pushed back harder after going down, got the Indominus cornered and was ready to fight more, but the Mosasaurus saw an opportunity it could not miss. 

After all it probably was hungry... 

...or sick of eating dead shark.
(06-21-2016, 11:01 PM)Raptor Blue Wrote:

Not needed to you. (And that´s ok). But understand why for many others it is needed.

A franchise can not establish that the icon millions grew up with is ´´the greatest predator that ever lived´´ in one film, then in the very next one establish that it is this not so great scavanger that Spinosauruses can kill without breaking a sweat.

Those who grew up with with the JP and TLW, hated that and want the canon of the films to be like it was before JP3. By establishing that Spinosauruses will not always quickly defeat T Rexes.

By the way, I would not say it is that imposible for the rematch to happen, after all almost every JP film has had a dinosaurs fighting. And taking to account that the Jurassic Franchise is a bit of a one trick pony, what are they going to do another sequel of a chase and run ? Eventually more dinosaurs fighting is likely.

(06-22-2016, 09:53 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:

Not needed to you. (And that´s ok). But understand why for many others it is needed.

A franchise can not establish that the icon millions grew up with is ´´the greatest predator that ever lived´´ in one film, then in the very next one establish that it is this not so great scavanger that Spinosauruses can kill without breaking a sweat.

Those who grew up with with the JP and TLW, hated that and want the canon of the films to be like it was before JP3. By establishing that Spinosauruses will not always quickly defeat T Rexes.

By the way, I would not say it is that imposible for the rematch to happen, after all almost every JP film has had a dinosaurs fighting. And taking to account that the Jurassic Franchise is a bit of a one trick pony, what are they going to do another sequel of a chase and run ? Eventually more dinosaurs fighting is likely.

I'm starting to understand why this debate is either discouraged or outright forbidden on other forums.

We all know how you feel about this issue. Please limit the discussion on Spinosaurus vs. Tyrannosaurus to this topic (see link below), and do not clutter the entire board with it. Thank you kindly.

http://www.jurassicforums.com/showthread.php?tid=27
(06-22-2016, 09:53 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:

No, I don't think I'll ever understand why people would want a rematch lol. This isn't UFC.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
(06-22-2016, 10:34 AM)Neelis Wrote: I'm starting to understand why this debate is either discouraged or outright forbidden on other forums.

We all know how you feel about this issue. Please limit the discussion on Spinosaurus vs. Tyrannosaurus to this topic (see link below), and do not clutter the entire board with it. Thank you kindly.

http://www.jurassicforums.com/showthread.php?tid=27

I'd like to just reiterate this - Rex Revenge, I have asked before that your strong opinion on this issue stay in your thread. It's fine to talk about and as I said before, it's great you have such passion for this. But you do have to respect that other members may not share the same opinion and do not want conversations to turn into Rex vs Spino debate.

If we all respect this, all will be fine. Smile
I loved the film, but yes there are also some things that I would change. The whole kids escaping their parents potential divorce issue should have remained as subtext. It feels like we are having to relate to the kids through their social situation rather than their personalities. I would rather there have been more discussion on the ethics of how the dinosaurs were presented/treated in the park, similar to how the first film had a scene where the ethics of their very existence was discussed around a table. That's something that science fiction movies don't do much anymore, showing the characters deep in discussion while having downtime, they're almost always immediately being plunged into another situation and the atmosphere is always so intense. It's like someone decided to take the chill moments out of movies.
Breath Deep. Seek Peace.