Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23 Years of Jurassic Park
23 years old today.

[Image: tumblr_nnwwq9Qpk41r49r0wo1_500.gif]

Where has the time gone?
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Barely seems like 23 years. Makes you feel old, doesn't it.

To put 23 years in perspective, this is When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth:

It was released in 1970, which means when Jurassic Park was released, this movie was as old as Jurassic Park is now.  It's a fun movie, with cool stop-motion dinosaur effects (and bikini clad cavegirls), but you can see how dated both the effects and the look of the dinosaurs are -- even by 1993 this was considered an outdated "old" movie. But Jurassic Park, 23 years later, still holds up damn well: some inaccuracies notwithstanding, the dinosaurs are still more or less accurate (yeah yeah, feathers, I know), and their appearance and movement is still believable. They really had lightning in a bottle when they made JP.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
23 years wow. Let that sink in... Two decades and three years later. Happy Jurassic everyone!

The film is still my favorite of all time and will remain to be so. It's a piece of cinematic history.

Here's to hoping the next 23 years brings new excitement to the JP universe and fandom. Wink
What did you guys do to celebrate?
(06-12-2016, 10:48 PM)Jack Wrote: What did you guys do to celebrate?

Watched Jurassic Park & The Lost World for extra measure of course. Wink

You?
Watched Jurassic Park, The Lost World last week. Need to get a JP3 viewing in somewhere this month too, but that one's harder to convince others to watch with me, hah!
Can't believe it's been 23 years. I remember being that 8 year old kid sitting in the theater taking it all in for the first time... I was absolutely mesmerized.

(06-12-2016, 10:48 PM)Jack Wrote: What did you guys do to celebrate?

I was in Hawai'i searching for filming locations. I reckon that's a good way to spend it!
(06-15-2016, 08:56 AM)Victoria Wrote: I was in Hawai'i searching for filming locations. I reckon that's a good way to spend it!

Nice! I'm headed there in September. Where did you go, Oahu/Kauai?
(06-15-2016, 10:21 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 08:56 AM)Victoria Wrote: I was in Hawai'i searching for filming locations. I reckon that's a good way to spend it!

Nice! I'm headed there in September. Where did you go, Oahu/Kauai?

We went to both Oahu and Kaua'i. It was a wonderful 10-day trip. I hit numerous filming locations on both islands. Not sure if you follow me on Twitter or not, but I posted photos every day of the different locations I found. Some had not been documented before (such as the Raptor Squad trail from JW). I am working on a video talking a bit more about the location hunting as well. If you are going to Oahu and get the chance, I highly recommend taking the VIP Movie Tour at Kualoa Ranch. They will take you inside the Indominus Rex paddock and let you have all the time you want at each of the Jurassic locations.
Nice! I'll check out your photos - you should start a thread here too. Smile

We're heading to Oahu and have Reel Tours taking us on some tours (Lost and JP locations) and we're doing that VIP Movie Tour for sure! Also planned a day in Kauai, intending to do the Jurassic Falls helicopter tour! I'm unbelievably excited, it's somewhere I have wanted to go since I saw Jurassic Park!