Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to happen after JW3?
Yes, yes I may be getting too far ahead of myself here, but honestly I think this is a vital question in regards to the future of the JP/JW universe. Sure, JW2 is still 2 years away, and we don't know if and when JW3 will be released (at this point it is almost certain there will be a JW3 though). If I had to guess I would put JW3 in 2021. Gosh that seems like a long time away!

Anyways, my question is what next and should there be a next? At that point the JW trilogy of films will have ended and to my knowledge Universal/Amblin just ran out of movies per their license with the Crichton estate.

I don't want JP to just end. Sure, this is not Star Wars and the JP universe is much more intimate and on a smaller scale certainly, but that doesn't mean that there are no more stories left to tell.

I'd love to see a prequel film although I think spin off films are more likely. Just a few very rough concepts here: A JP spinoff that takes place in 1994 and involves a mercanary squad contracted by BioSyn to go to Isla Sorna and steal the computers or trade secrets of InGen but the entire mission turns disaster when the men under estimate Mother Nature; a tropical storm comes in and strands the team and Velociraptors pick them off one by one.

Prequel film: We get to see InGen being founded and the original park being constructed as well as several accidents/dinosaur attacks. Cloning dinosaurs is complicated, let's explore more of the science!

Or is there still much to be told in another new trilogy (JP7-9)?

Thoughts, opinions, predictions?
It's probably likely Universal will renew their contract with the Crichton estate at that point. Maybe they will make some spinoff movies, something that takes place in the Jurassic World universe but not directly a sequel to JW. A prequel taking place between JP3 and JW showing the cleanup of the island or construction of the new park would be awesome too.

There's also always the possibility of the R word -- reboot. Do you think the world be ready for / would tolerate a remake of Jurassic Park in the next decade?
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Universal always had the rights to six films as far as I'm aware, and they'll definitely be making a third JW. As for the future, I'm not sure myself. It really depends how JW2 and 3 turn out. But like many others, a prequel or a mini-series or something in an expanded universe would be excellent and a great way to tie some unanswered questions up.

I could never imagine a remake of Jurassic Park, however, given that Crichton's source material is so much darker... I'm now not fully against it...
I was always against the idea of a remake until recently. I would love to see a darker version of Jurassic Park with elements of the novels that we've not see yet.

Imagine the"Bite of the Raptor" chapter played out in film, or Nedry's original death and even Wu's.

I think a darker version of Jurassic Park would be am excellent film, providing the right director/writers were involved.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
(06-12-2016, 11:44 AM)Nedryland Wrote: I was always against the idea of a remake until recently. I would love to see a darker version of Jurassic Park with elements of the novels that we've not see yet.

Same. Not sure what it was, but suddenly I was open to a remake. Not anytime soon of course. Maybe it was when I re-read the novel, there really are some great moments in there that were left out.
(06-12-2016, 11:51 AM)Jack Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 11:44 AM)Nedryland Wrote: I was always against the idea of a remake until recently. I would love to see a darker version of Jurassic Park with elements of the novels that we've not see yet.

Same. Not sure what it was, but suddenly I was open to a remake. Not anytime soon of course. Maybe it was when I re-read the novel, there really are some great moments in there that were left out.

I think what really makes me want a remake is the prospect of things that can be done that Spielberg wouldn't want to do/a PG rated film couldn't show.

I think now that we've had the wonder of the dinosaurs on film, showing a darker element to man playing god and nature fighting back, so to speak, would be a good story to show. 

I was considering making a remake thread on here but was hesitant as when I've always brought the subject up is was shot down in flames. Tongue
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
I think there is no general consensus yet, but there's a trend for some type of prequel story which would be cool if done with care!

I do not want a literal reboot at all what so ever. It's way too early to have one IMO. I understand the willingness to have one since it could be different and darker and follow the novel more closely (but then again so could an animated mini series?), but before 2050 I do not want to see one lol.

It's going to be really interetsing to see where JW2 takes us that's for sure. We don't really know anything about the actual story other than what Colin let slip out.
I think most likely spin-offs, like what Star Wars is doing. Some prequels, and interquels, etc...
With JW3 likely coming in 2021 or 2022, I don't see them jumping the gun on a remake for quite some time. And that's a good thing as it's a difficult thing to imagine... no doubt it may happen at some point, just hopefully not for a very long time. I think prequels and spinoffs are the way to go in terms of films. They can also go the comic book route, television shows (whether they be animated or live action), virtual reality games, etc. If done right, I think that an animated TV show would actually be a very good format that could compliment the Jurassic franchise. Direct sequels to the Jurassic World trilogy would depend on how the trilogy will wrap up. If dinosaurs end up taking over the world once again, that could be an interesting story (or a lack of one). I wouldn't mind seeing a prequel following a young John Hammond, though it probably wouldn't feature many dinosaurs. Or maybe one about Muldoon and the raptors before the first film. An interquel about the construction of Jurassic World would be neat too, or how they dealt with Isla Sorna after JP3.
I agree that a reboot wouldn't be such a bad idea after all, I too have always craved a dark dinosaur adventure true to novels. But personally I'd like some spin offs. Small scale, simple survival stories. Something like the recent movie Predators, except not on an alien planet, one of the islands and nothing but dangerous dinos surrounding them and its a race to make it out alive. 

But also I can see a big future with TV, comic books and video games if they actually put effort into it. Maybe when its out of Universal's hands, another company will see Jurassic's true potential! But looking forward to JW2 + 3 anyways!