Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trespasser - A Love/Hate Relationship
Trespasser. What a game.

[Image: trespassertattoo.jpg]

I played through and completed this game recently and loved it. It's absolutely riddled with glitches and bugs but you can tell that the developers intentions were good, and they understood the lore of Jurassic Park. Richard Attenborough's voiceovers are fantastic, telling a story and guiding you through the game, it's like another movie in itself.

The game lets you explore Sorna outside of what you see in The Lost World, and it reveals slightly more about what happened to InGen on the island.

It's a lot of fun and obviously very unfortunate that it ended up the way it did, but even for just the voiceovers, music and general exploring of Sorna, it's worth revisiting if you get the chance. Trescom have some good instructions on how to get it to run on modern computers too, which is helpful.

Has anyone else played this recently?
I haven't played it in years. I have a copy and would love to do a live stream of it.

Maybe once I get a computer, which is happening towards the end of the year, I'll do so.
I actually played through the entire game a month or so ago. It took me a long time to beat it again and due to some horrible glitches I have to use a few cheat codes. I actually beat the game once without using cheats on Window's 7 a year or so ago. That was quite the under taking.

You make some excellent points Jack. Despite the horrible glitches and poor design, Trespasser has an awesome story, wonderful music, and the fact that Richard Attenborough actually did some voice acting makes this game iconic!

This is actually my favorite JP game with Operation Genesis being second. We need a new JP game to learn from what Trespasser did right!
Nothing but love for Trespasser from me - it's not perfect, but it tried to do something no one had done before and it was a rush job to coincide with the release of the film on VHS.

The music is outstanding! Voice acting too. I loved exploring the environments and INGEN facilities. It deserves more appreciation. I'd enjoy a remake - use the same ideas and voice talent (if that's legally possible), but with updated visual effects and easier gameplay. (And possibly a multiplayer option, or the ability to explore as a dinosaur of your choice!)
Well done for getting through it without cheats! I did it too recently, it's nearly impossible. Such a hard game, but luckily those Raptors are dumb and have poor co-ordination so they're easy to avoid or kill. You have to embrace the glitches!
Haven't played trespasser in years. In fact I'm not even sure if I still own it. I may have to take look on eBay because I would love to play it again. Thanks for posting that Trescom has instructions for modern computers, Jack. That'll be handy for when I do get the chance to play it again. It's worth it just for Richard Attenborough's voice overs in my opinion.
(06-29-2016, 02:20 AM)Justin Wrote: Haven't played trespasser in years. In fact I'm not even sure if I still own it. I may have to take look on eBay because I would love to play it again. Thanks for posting that Trescom has instructions for modern computers, Jack. That'll be handy for when I do get the chance to play it again. It's worth it just for Richard Attenborough's voice overs in my opinion.

You should install it soon, you won't regret it! I used to find it difficult when I was young but playing through it recently was like a nostalgia trip. Also check out Jurassic Time for all of Hammond's voiceovers!
I haven't yet played it but love to watch play throughs of it. Love that Richard Attenborough reprised his role of John Hammond!