Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How dinosaurs in Africa could work
I know the "dinosaurs in Africa" plot is a very popular plot idea for JW2, but it almost seems unfeasible on the face. I was thinking, a way it could be done realistically is if a endangered African predator, for example the African lion, went extinct, and some drastic ecological changes took place (overgrazing by lions' former prey, dying off of plant life, herbivore overpopulation, desertification...). In response to the emerging ecological crisis and in the face of extreme desperation on part of the public, governments, and humanitarian organizations, some organization with their hands on the dinosaur cloning technology devises a radical idea to release a species of dinosaur (probably velociraptor or allosaurus or maybe even tyrannosaurus) to fill the ecological niche of the lion and restore equilibrium to the ecosystem. This, obviously, goes horribly wrong and results in overpredation, extinction of some of the more endangered herbivores (think black rhino), attacks on humans. At this point it's an all-around clusterf*ck and they need to call in some experts to resolve the crisis....

It could probably end with balance being restored...somehow..and with dinosaurs becoming keystone species in Africa, with there maybe being some sightings in other parts of the world....
(06-17-2016, 12:54 PM)Angelo Wrote: I know the "dinosaurs in Africa" plot is a very popular plot idea for JW2, but it almost seems unfeasible on the face. I was thinking, a way it could be done realistically is if a endangered African predator, for example the African lion, went extinct, and some drastic ecological changes took place (overgrazing by lions' former prey, dying off of plant life, herbivore overpopulation, desertification...). In response to the emerging ecological crisis and in the face of extreme desperation on part of the public, governments, and humanitarian organizations, some organization with their hands on the dinosaur cloning technology devises a radical idea to release a species of dinosaur (probably velociraptor or allosaurus or maybe even tyrannosaurus) to fill the ecological niche of the lion and restore equilibrium to the ecosystem. This, obviously, goes horribly wrong and results in overpredation, extinction of some of the more endangered herbivores (think black rhino), attacks on humans. At this point it's an all-around clusterf*ck and they need to call in some experts to resolve the crisis....

It could probably end with balance being restored...somehow..and with dinosaurs becoming keystone species in Africa, with there maybe being some sightings in other parts of the world....

That would be a great way to handle it. I always just assumed a simpler explanation in dinosaurs roaming freely on their own out in Africa. Maybe a facility in Africa somewhere goes down and dinosaurs are set looooose on the plains. A bigger storyline within Africa would be great though.
Wouldn't it be much much easier to clone lions then? That would also be the most logical thing to do.
Compare it to how stupid the idea to use raptors in warfare was. It's really on the same level
I like that idea. I feel like they want to explore a wider, world-affecting narrative. So maybe the Lion extinctions are a mystery until some people report sightings of mysterious bi-ped creatures that are killing them off? (Raptors from Wu's nearby secret lab).
I doubt we'll see "evil raptors" again, unless there is a group of them to fight against the new tamed ones.
I don't doubt we could see wild raptors again. Maybe ones with more feathers.
Quote:I like that idea. I feel like they want to explore a wider, world-affecting narrative. So maybe the Lion extinctions are a mystery until some people report sightings of mysterious bi-ped creatures that are killing them off? (Raptors from Wu's nearby secret lab).

That would really be an ecological disaster. "The emergence of a new apex predator threatens to force Africa's preeminent predator into extinction..."
I like the idea but as I others have said, it would be easier to clone the lions.

I always thought any Africa plot would stem from a facility in Africa being shut down and they be let loose.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
The idea of raptors interacting with a pride of lions seems interesting. The idea of dinosaurs interacting with modern day animals in general seems interesting.

I agree with the whole, there is a dinosaur facility in africa but for whatever reasons many dinosaurs escape making them a threat to not only lions who will have even more competition for prey but also threatens endangered species and and overall ecosystem.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/