Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which Sorna do you prefer?
The Lost World's
Jurassic Park 3's
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Sorna do you prefer?
Which version of Isla Sorna do you prefer? Is it The Lost World's redwood forests:

[Image: photos%5C6903PPFernCanyonMouth.Dinosaurs.jpg]

Or Jurassic Park 3's more tropical feel:

[Image: jp3d.jpg]

And why do you think they were so different?
Lost World all the way, love those redwoods! The weird overuse of Studio Greenery really ruins JP3. I know JP used them as well, but what's great about Muldoon's death scene is the jungle is so claustrophobic, yet endless and it blends seamlessly with Kauai. Whereas JP3's jungles feel like you could walk through a bush and hit a wall. I can't think of a single studio jungle in JW... I guess they learned their lesson. Although I suppose it's easier to use animatronics in a studio environment, which might explain why so much of it was shot on stage as they used a tonne of them.
Jurassic Outpost Encyclopedia - Editor-in-Chief
Follow me on Twitter - @Part_Time_Hero
TLW all the way. That is Isla Sorna to me.

The one in JP3...It kinda feels like they are someplace else....Not the same island that Malcolm visited 4 years prior.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
Jurassic Park 3's Works felt very dark green and out of place. I know it sounds silly but it felt too green. Like the whole "Ben's skeleton scene" was quite overgrown and dank.

The Lost World felt right.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
If they ever go back to Sorna in the sequels I hope they film in the redwood forests.

I try but I can not shake this feeling that the jungle we see in JP3 is not the same place that we vistied in TLW...
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
It is probably easier to say Jurassic Park 3 was all a bad dream of Grant due to the PTSD he is suffering from the Isla Nublar event. Tongue

Shame we didn't get many red wood scenes or natural streams/water sources or even another long grass-esq scene.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
I like both, though The Lost World: Jurassic Park's version of Isla Sorna feels more unique.
TLW Sorna for sure but I also don't mind JP3 Sorna
I personally prefer TLW version of Sorna. It's a pretty big island, so could it be that both movies feature different areas of it? If the JP Wiki is to be believed, TLW took place primarily on the south end while JP3 was mostly on the north end. With the real Hawaiian islands, the north ends are the wetter, more tropical sides and the south ends are the dryer, more arid sides. If the Wiki article is correct, then this would be a logical in-universe explanation.
I think we can ask the same question for Isla Nublar too; in Jurassic Park it looked much larger, wilder and more rugged than it does in Jurassic World - it seems tiny in the latter.

I prefer Jurassic Park's version, even though Jurassic World was shot on quite a few locations used in the original film as well.