The Lost World's
Jurassic Park 3's
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Sorna do you prefer?
I think I like them both equally.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Wow....TLW Sorna winning by a landslide!
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
Yes, Sorna is killing it! I love TLW interpretation. I'm good with the different tones across TLW & JP3. Look, Ellie says it herself... "This shouldn't be here... this species of veriform's been extinct since the Cretaceous Period". InGen was obviously engineering plant-life, so it is so crazy to assume that they were creating different environments within a single island? Not at all. I think it's a safe bet that they created the Redwood look as a way to create a new environment for the dinosaurs.
(06-22-2016, 03:32 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: Yes, Sorna is killing it! I love TLW interpretation. I'm good with the different tones across TLW & JP3. Look, Ellie says it herself... "This shouldn't be here... this species of veriform's been extinct since the Cretaceous Period". InGen was obviously engineering plant-life, so it is so crazy to assume that they were creating different environments within a single island? Not at all. I think it's a safe bet that they created the Redwood look as a way to create a new environment for the dinosaurs.

That's a great way to look at it.

We ended up with redwoods in The Lost World because of Rick Carter suggesting a new environment would suit the dinosaurs more, and he was right. It's very odd they changed it for JP3, but isn't there an assumption that both films are more or less set on different parts of the island?
(06-23-2016, 08:05 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:32 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: Yes, Sorna is killing it! I love TLW interpretation. I'm good with the different tones across TLW & JP3. Look, Ellie says it herself... "This shouldn't be here... this species of veriform's been extinct since the Cretaceous Period". InGen was obviously engineering plant-life, so it is so crazy to assume that they were creating different environments within a single island? Not at all. I think it's a safe bet that they created the Redwood look as a way to create a new environment for the dinosaurs.

We ended up with redwoods in The Lost World because of Rick Carter suggesting a new environment would suit the dinosaurs more, and he was right. It's very odd they changed it for JP3, but isn't there an assumption that both films are more or less set on different parts of the island?

Yea, it's to be assumed it's TLW was South & JP3 North. We still have to take a major leap to believe you can have that varied environment on the same island, that's why the engineered plants theory works so well. You can basically drop all pretense about ecology.
Very true. I wonder if that ever crossed Joe Johnston's mind while working on JP3.
(06-23-2016, 08:18 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 08:05 PM)Jack Wrote:

Yea, it's to be assumed it's TLW was South & JP3 North. We still have to take a major leap to believe you can have that varied environment on the same island, that's why the engineered plants theory works so well. You can basically drop all pretense about ecology.

It's definitely possible. I referenced the climates of the Hawaiian islands earlier... visually speaking, the north and south sides of the islands are drastically different. While you tend to have a vibrant green, lush environment on the north ends, the south ends are more arid and dry. There's less green and more brown and far less rainfall. You get different kinds of trees and grasses sprouting up on each side. I don't think it's unrealistic that the environments would appear so different on Sorna if the climates are similar to Hawai'i... which seems to be the case for obvious reasons.
Well even the Sorna in TLW has the random "long grass" field. So it already has vegetation variety like that as it was.
The Lost world was filmed  primarily in US Redwood Forests for the jungle shots, as Speilberg wanted the 2nd film to have a different tone and look comapred to Jurassic Park.  Although JP3 made much more use of artificial Jungle shots i feel this was more in line with the look of the first film hence the big difference in the way they look.

In my opinion although JP3 Jungles do look more artificial, i do prefer this look compared to TLW. They have much more of a tropical jungle feel rather than a forest.
Photo 
Both are beautiful. Each has its own unique feel. Smile