Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Jurassic World was first announced, what did you think it was going to be about?
Before anyone knew any detail about the movie and just the announcement that the movie was being made.

What was the fist thing that you thought the movie was going to be about?

I thought it was going to be about a blackfish type of plot. Sincé it was a prominent topic around 2013. You know that documentary that showed how Whales in captivity was harmful to them and why they should not be used for shows well the film versión of it with dinosaurs instead. I thought there would be somewhat of a circus trainer that used raptors for shows like circus do with lions and tigers, and the plot being about how wrong that is.

(By the way the intention of this thread is not to criticise what Jurassic World actually did. Or to express disapointment about what they ended up doing. Just want to see what everyone though the film was going to be for fun) Smile
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I can't really recall. Long before the plot was revealed (the "open park" idea) and even before the title was made public I hoped to see a return to Isla Sorna, dealing with DX. I did (and do) realize that would probably be too complex. Of course there had always been rumors about an open park (which in the end turned out to be true), but I had a hard time envisioning it when those first surfaced, I was even against the notion of Jurassic Park finally opening - but I warmed to the idea, and came to realize it was a logical next step. After two failed attempts, someone should be able to succeed; dinosaurs were animals after all, not miniature Godzillas with superpowers.

After the title Jurassic World was announced the "open park" speculation grew stronger and I really started to look forward to it. The one idea I never entertained was of Grant, Sattler and Malcolm appearing on talk shows to warn about the dangers (to take place right before the opening of the park, and of course the whole plan going south with animals escaping) - I did envision this film focussing on opening day and was pleasantly surprised with the clever twist of it having been operational for a decade.

Had I been in charge, this certainly would not have been the scenario I'd have come up with - that's why I'm not a filmmaker, I guess. Wink
(06-22-2016, 10:38 PM)Neelis Wrote: The one idea I never entertained was of Grant, Sattler and Malcolm appearing on talk shows to warn about the dangers (to take place right before the opening of the park,

Even if the park was open for 10 years one can imagine them saying something like ´´Are you people crazy, did you not know about what happened in 1993? AND 1997!?´´ Hehe
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

I've been following the news of a fourth JP film ever since JPIII was released, so it depends on what you mean by the official announcement. I guess when the sequel was finally out of development hell and news of it being released in 2014 broke, I suspected that it would be about mercenaries successfully capturing some dinosaurs and maybe placing them in a new park. I never considered a fully functioning theme park as the premise, but then again it was certainly possible. I also remember hearing about a Hybrid dino very early on, so I thought that there may be a new genetic/science element to the film.
(06-23-2016, 01:45 AM)Anonymous Wrote: I've been following the news of a fourth JP film ever since JPIII was released, so it depends on what you mean by the official announcement. I guess when the sequel was finally out of development hell and news of it being released in 2014 broke, I suspected that it would be about mercenaries successfully capturing some dinosaurs and maybe placing them in a new park. I never considered a fully functioning theme park as the premise, but then again it was certainly possible. I also remember hearing about a Hybrid dino very early on, so I thought that there may be a new genetic/science element to the film.

Im talking around 2013. When all we knew was that there was a 4th film confirmed, the title and maybe the director.

Dinosaurs eating people
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
(06-22-2016, 02:34 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: I thought it was going to be about a blackfish type of plot. Sincé it was a prominent topic around 2013. You know that documentary that showed how Whales in captivity was harmful to them and why they should not be used for shows well the film versión of it with dinosaurs instead. I thought there would be somewhat of a circus trainer that used raptors for shows like circus do with lions and tigers, and the plot being about how wrong that is.

I thought about this too, and I swear Colin hinted in an interview about the whole Blackfish thing. It was unfortunate that we didn't see that. Seeing a "successful" Jurassic World, but with protesters, staff strikes and less care for the dinosaurs - foreshadowing a bigger disaster - would have been a cooler thing to see.  

(06-22-2016, 10:38 PM)Neelis Wrote: After the title Jurassic World was announced the "open park" speculation grew stronger and I really started to look forward to it. The one idea I never entertained was of Grant, Sattler and Malcolm appearing on talk shows to warn about the dangers (to take place right before the opening of the park, and of course the whole plan going south with animals escaping) - I did envision this film focussing on opening day and was pleasantly surprised with the clever twist of it having been operational for a decade.

Seeing Grant, Sattler and Malcolm in a cameo would have worked well, and would have been a smart way to link the trilogies more. Even if we just saw a glimpse of Malcolm talking about it all on TV - perhaps agreeing with the protestors.

I guess I don't know what I expected to see. After such a long 14 years of development hell, I just couldn't imagine where they'd actually take it. And then when the JoBlo article leaked the story of the new park, well, then I didn't really have to think about what I wanted anymore.
Also I never thought they would actually go for the whole hybrids plot.

I was like ´´Nah this franchise is about the dinosaurs not mutant monsters, going that route would kind of take the series away from it´s status quo´´.

And I do hope Jurassic World 2 goes back to being about the actual dinosaurs, despite knowing a lot about dino´s I miss the actual learning about the species that JP, TLW, and JP3 had (even with a few innacurate details).

I hope so too. The Indominus was cool, and the whole theme behind it was great. But I hope JW2 makes non-hybrid dinosaurs the center of attention again.
Well, the whole hybrid thing still bugs me. The Jurassic franchise didn't need it at all and it still doesn't. I still don't entirely like the new Park idea as it takes away the beauty of "life finds a way" and now if you consider the fact that the dinosaurs on Isla Nublar will all die out because it is entirely possible that Wu and his team fixed the mutation/asexual thing so the current crop are all and will stay female. Cos that's really the lovely image we want to leave Nublar with!

The military theme is even worse, dinosaurs are not and should not be used as weapons in a Jurassic film and the hints of it with projected by the worst antagonist ever written in Hoskins were bad enough but the fact Wu was in on all of it annoys me (he is a scientist who would be thrilled to be recognised for his god-like achievement rather than creating bioweapons).

Let us face facts, the franchise is in danger of becoming a ridiculous hybrid war of the worlds.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”