Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Jurassic World was first announced, what did you think it was going to be about?
Yeah, I don´t remember fans asking for hybrids prior to Jurassic World and even after it, I don´t really see many people asking for more hybrids other than maybe children who are playing with the toyline.

I got what they were trying to do with the Indominus despite me not liking it. But I really really hope they stop it there. I Really don´t want Jurassic World 2 to be a festival of mutants.....

Because there will be no time for the actual dinosaurs...
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
Fans didn't ask for hybrids but as Trevorrow said, "A franchise must evolve or perish." And didn't Dr. Grant also called the dinosaurs, "genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less"?  Tongue
(06-28-2016, 03:43 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Fans didn't ask for hybrids but as Trevorrow said, "A franchise must evolve or perish." And didn't Dr. Grant also called the dinosaurs, "genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less"?  Tongue

I disagree, a franchise can bring new things while keeping the status quo. It does not have to be as radical as ´´change it all or dissapear´´.

But making the sequel all about mutants (especially if they fill it with things like a Brachiosaurus with T Rex head and Trike horns) will take the status quo away and turn off many longtime fans who were interested in jurassic because of the dinosaurs in the first place.

I really don´t want a move that feels like dinosaurs are just in the background.

And about Grant statement, I took that more as him being bitter about his experience. Because after all, those were dinosaurs just with a Little bit of modern animal DNA. but the dinosaur itself nevertheless.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

It's not just about what the fans want though. Film-making is a business and the studio needs to make money.
(06-28-2016, 06:04 PM)Jack Wrote: It's not just about what the fans want though. Film-making is a business and the studio needs to make money.

True although why would they think hybrids is the money maker when there are not that many fans craving for more hybrids?

Because Jurassic World featured a hybrid and now it's the fourth highest grossing film of all time.
(06-30-2016, 11:27 PM)Jack Wrote: Because Jurassic World featured a hybrid and now it's the fourth highest grossing film of all time.
Yup that would do it.
(06-30-2016, 11:27 PM)Jack Wrote: Because Jurassic World featured a hybrid and now it's the fourth highest grossing film of all time.

The thing is.....I think JW made all that money more because it was the grand return of Jurassic after 14 years of nothing major.

Brand name recognition.  Rather than because of the hybrids thing in particular.

It´s like Star Wars, they can make a movie about the most insignificant alien and it will sell like crazy because it´s star wars.

Before JW was released, all I ever saw was everyone like ´´Wow the return of Jurassic!´´. I don´t remember anyone saying ´´It´s because of the hybrids that I am interested´´.

Hope Universal is aware of that.

I do agree with you - Jurassic World made so much money because people were excited to finally see dinosaurs on screen again, and not just any dinosaurs, JURASSIC PARK dinosaurs. Nostalgia played a huge part in getting audiences in seats.

But there was a hybrid in it, that was the main plot, that's what it focused on. Even though the majority may not want more hybrids, the fact is there was one in JW and it made all that money. Unless Universal start asking the fans or even the general audience what they'd like in the next one, then it's a safe bet to say we'll be seeing hybrids again.

Shame, thinking about it I definitely don't want more hybrids. The Indominus was great and the whole film allowed the dinosaurs to finally get off the islands. But wouldn't it be cool to just see "regular" dinosaurs in a desert or another area? Raptors deep in the Congo jungle. We'd get to see them being animals again.
(07-01-2016, 06:58 PM)Jack Wrote: I do agree with you - Jurassic World made so much money because people were excited to finally see dinosaurs on screen again, and not just any dinosaurs, JURASSIC PARK dinosaurs. Nostalgia played a huge part in getting audiences in seats.

But there was a hybrid in it, that was the main plot, that's what it focused on. Even though the majority may not want more hybrids, the fact is there was one in JW and it made all that money. Unless Universal start asking the fans or even the general audience what they'd like in the next one, then it's a safe bet to say we'll be seeing hybrids again.

Shame, thinking about it I definitely don't want more hybrids. The Indominus was great and the whole film allowed the dinosaurs to finally get off the islands. But wouldn't it be cool to just see "regular" dinosaurs in a desert or another area? Raptors deep in the Congo jungle. We'd get to see them being animals again.

I remember Colin saying in an article ´´JW2 will not be about bigger or badder dinos´´. I hope that is a hint towards the return of real dinosaurs in the Forefront.

Whatever it is that they do, I hope it is with the real dinosaurs, because if they turn the real dinosaurs into background props only then longtime fans will be pissed, it´s like putting away what fans loved about the franchise in the first place.