Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More hybrids or no hybrids for the sequel?
I do hope Jurassic World 2 goes back to being about the actual dinosaurs, despite knowing a lot about dino´s I miss the actual learning about the species that JP, TLW, and JP3 had (even with a few innacurate details).

How do you guys feel about that?
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I'm not sure that they'll just abandon that threadline just yet. If other companies are coming in and creating their own versions, I could see hybrids becoming even more prominent. Not that I want that. I'd prefer normal Dino's, but in the long run, they are all just monsters anyway.
Sequel logic:

If you introduce a concept to use in the next movie, you're going to use (and expand) it UNLESS it is extremely hated. Indominus wasn't hated and Universal is pushing the hybrids in their merchandising a lot, so...

Pretty sure there will be more.
But on the other hand Colin said the sequel would not be about bigger and badder dinosaurs but rather dinosaus being used for other things that are not entertaiment.

I kinda took that as hybrids not having a role at all in the sequel but I could be wrong...

The thing i dislike about the franchise becoming Jurassic Hybrids is that it makes the actual dinosaurs look less impressive. It´s like yeah, lions and tigers look very impressive but if you put them next to a liger they don´t look that great anymore.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

(06-24-2016, 03:26 PM)Agron Wrote: Sequel logic:

If you introduce a concept to use in the next movie, you're going to use (and expand) it UNLESS it is extremely hated. Indominus wasn't hated and Universal is pushing the hybrids in their merchandising a lot, so...

There's no doubt we'll see a hybrid dinosaur in the sequel. But I don't think it will be just another Indominus. I think we'll see "regular" dinosaurs with abilities added, a little bit of tampering to make a smarter dinosaur, or a stronger dinosaur. It seems the logical route from here, and means more elements will be utilised from the Sayles' script.

I hope it doesn't go this way, but there doesn't seem to be any other direction it can go. They set it up pretty blatantly.
(06-24-2016, 07:25 PM)Jack Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 03:26 PM)Agron Wrote: Sequel logic:

There's no doubt we'll see a hybrid dinosaur in the sequel. But I don't think it will be just another Indominus. I think we'll see "regular" dinosaurs with abilities added, a little bit of tampering to make a smarter dinosaur, or a stronger dinosaur. It seems the logical route from here, and means more elements will be utilised from the Sayles' script.

I hope it doesn't go this way, but there doesn't seem to be any other direction it can go. They set it up pretty blatantly.

Still, those are hybrids more or less.

I don´t think they will once again go the ´´bigger and badder´´ route because what else is there left? A Brachiosaurus with T Rex head? hehe.

But still any tampering to enhance dinosaurs kinda takes away from the glory of the actual dinosaurus that JP and TLW established.

So I hope the movie is more about how people need to learn that the actual dinosaurs can not be kept as pets or as property for entertaiment or even for fighting crimes because they just don´t mix with humans.

I can't stand hybrids and I don't ever want to see them again.

As others have said though, we will get them and I fear they will be more ridiculous cocktails to come.
Simon Masrani Wrote:“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
(06-26-2016, 06:41 PM)Nedryland Wrote: I  can't stand hybrids and I don't ever want to see them again.

As others have said though, we will get them and I fear they will be more ridiculous cocktails to come.

I hope not, if JW2 is all about a festival of super mutants.... Then what happens to the actual dinosaurs? There will baerly be time to give them focus...

Not to mention I don´t see that many fans asking for more hybrids....so....

I can see them going with some "100% accurate" species. If the technology truly has gone open source, maybe museums and other historical societies would push for accurate specimens. Maybe zoos would demand "the real thing."

That would kind of pain the InGen/classic Jurassic Park dinos as "fake" though, and I'm not sure how they could justify that.
(06-27-2016, 03:47 AM)jobalexang Wrote: I can see them going with some "100% accurate" species. If the technology truly has gone open source, maybe museums and other historical societies would push for accurate specimens. Maybe zoos would demand "the real thing."

That would kind of pain the InGen/classic Jurassic Park dinos as "fake" though, and I'm not sure how they could justify that.

Yeah Í don´t see that sitting too well with fans. Having too much emphasis on the iconic dinosaurs everyone grew up with being fake and inaccurate will not sit well with longtime fans.